LegacyGT.com

P0302 and p0021

So I've been scouring these forums to avoid duplicating any info as much as possible. So my car, 05 LGT got the p0302 code first so I checked the plugs switched coils all that. the code went off. I should mention it never ran rough or idled rough. Weeks go bye. Then I got the cel and cruise flashing code. I drove the car home from work but it would not accelerate like it used to. Checked the code I learned what it was I parked the car in the garage until I could fix it. So I checked all the banjo bolts and one still had the screen in it. pulled the avcs solenoid cleaned it up and bench tested is with my power probe. Put it all back together. The codes cleared them selves, which makes me nervous. Started right up. Idles like a sewing machine but there is a little rattle in the vicinity of the turbo. I tried giving it a little gas to see if it revved right and the rattle is just to annoying and I dont want metal shavings pumped through the engine. I've never experienced a turbo failure I dont know if it's not getting oil or if it's allredy gone any thoughts. What is the best way to verify oil pressure at the turbo? Or am I going the wrong direction here?

I would pull the downpipe and check the turbo for shaft play. Better safe then sorry.

If its the fist time pulling the DP it can be a job.

If you can feel any play in the shaft, up/down, side to side, in/out, (front to back) I would replace it.

What are the miles on the turbo ?

Only two of the banjos have filters. https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2834394

If you don't have a P0011 CEL I would say you have good oil pressure to the turbo.

If you replace the turbo, pull the filter in that banjo on the back of the head and blow out the oil feed line. I'm still using the oil feed line that came on my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived