LegacyGT.com

trouble codes PO183 3.6R legacey

I drive a 2011 3.6r. I'm having issues with this code which reads that the fuel temperature sensor A-circuit High input.

the other one is the same but after the PO183 code there is a "ps" beside it.

The car seems to be running at reduced power mode.

I took it to a shop (not a Subaru shop) they looked at it and found the code and tested the fuel temp sensor and they said it tested normal and did not find a solution.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

The code indicates that the fuel temperature is measuring -40 degrees. The troubleshoot basically have you check the at the ECM and Fuel Pump connections. If those are connections are fine, check for shorts in the wiring. Last step is replace the sensor. If a shop checked the sensor, perhaps the problem is intermittent. (assuming they actually did fully troubleshoot the issue)

I don't know if you saw my response I your other post but I asked you if have replaced the fuel filter assembly. (The maintenance interval is every 60k miles.) The fuel filter assembly has an electrical connection for the fuel pump and temperature assemble. I have seen that connector burnt a couple times now when the filter hasn't been changed.

The code indicates that the fuel temperature is measuring -40 degrees. The troubleshoot basically have you check the at the ECM and Fuel Pump connections. If those are connections are fine, check for shorts in the wiring. Last step is replace the sensor. If a shop checked the sensor, perhaps the problem is intermittent. (assuming they actually did fully troubleshoot the issue)

I don't know if you saw my response I your other post but I asked you if have replaced the fuel filter assembly. (The maintenance interval is every 60k miles.) The fuel filter assembly has an electrical connection for the fuel pump and temperature assemble. I have seen that connector burnt a couple times now when the filter hasn't been changed.

Yes I did read your response and thank so very much! You have been much more help than the shop I took it to.

I'm going to change the fuel filter assembly and go from there. I'm sure its never been changed. I have 135000 klm on mine.

If you pull up the bottom of the rear seat, (it just snaps in place), remove the 3 screws on the passenger side fuel access panel, you can access the connector to the fuel pump assembly and inspect it for damage.

Here is a picture of my fuel pump assembly for my 2.5GT with access panel removed. Your 3.6R will have one less fuel line, but the electrical connector will be the similar. The pictures of assemblies I have seen damaged, you can see the damage with the electrical connector removed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=265108&d=1526222803

Here is a picture of my fuel pump assembly for my 2.5GT with access panel removed. Your 3.6R will have one less fuel line, but the electrical connector will be the similar. The pictures of assemblies I have seen damaged, you can see the damage with the electrical connector removed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=265108&d=1526222803

That's awesome thank you for the photo and input! I'm changing out the fuel filter assembly this weekend.