LegacyGT.com

2007 Outback - Nav + Audio stops working - Almost got cancer

kaan

(Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster here)

First time this happened, my mechanic said he replaced the fuse and it worked again

Then it happened again, I thought the CD reader on the Audio unit could be problematic (maybe pulls too much amp), so I removed the Audio unit, removed the CD reader from unit, reinstalled, Voila! it works

Then it stopped working again, got the car in the shop for an injector sealing renewal, and voila! Nav + Audio works again, I believe the battery reset might have fixed it?

So I start wrapping things up, re-screw all the screws of the Audio unit, run the car for a test, boom, the damned things don't work again :( (I also tried replacing the 15A fuse with a 20A one, no change there)

At this point, I'm really out of ideas, going to test a battery reset and see whether it will solve anything, I have a hunch the Nav's little CD unit might be the problem, I couldn't find an easy way to disconnect it tho, I can't remove all the body trims to reach the harnesses yet

At this point I'm wondering whether any of you ever stumbled onto anything like this before (both the information screen at the top, and the audio unit stops working at the same time, randomly)

As I was afraid, the battery reset fixes the issue

So something's triggering after the reset and disables both the nav screen and the audio unit altogether, the nav cd unit is probably on another fuse, it keeps on working

I'm currently having a similar issue on my 2004 Outback BP: Nav + audio on occasion loses power and keeps restarting (rather all the time).

Not associated with bumpy road but maybe with radio's electrical current consumption.

Since it has been occurring for just a few days, haven't tried to resolve this yet. I've guessed it's caused by either worn out or corroded wires (it has been quite humid here recently) or faulty grounding (there's a video about radio not working because of grounding on yt:

).

EDIT1: Replacing the fuse didn't help.

Archived