LegacyGT.com

DRL Plug

Hey folks,

I recently disconnected the DRL plug on my 2015 Legacy partly because I hate the look of dimmed beam and partly because I intend on ordering the CLight kit off diode dynamics to replace it. One thing I noticed is, once I unplugged the drl connector to marker light on the top side of the headlight no longer illuminates. I’m assuming that this marker light is powered through the drl plug? Does anyone have a diagram (or some insight) as to which pin in the connector sends the signal to turn on the DRL once the car is in gear? I figure I’ll just take that pin out, which would bypass the drl and still be able to keep the plug connected and the marker lights functioning as they should. Forgive me if I sound foolish, this just kind of occurred to me that it might be crazy enough to work. I appreciate your help everyone!

Matt

PATS4LIFE,

Thank you for your response. This sounds incredibly ignorant but, no I have not checked the bulb. I guess I had assumed that since both the amber lights were out that it had something to do with that plug being undone. That is good to know from someone who’s done the same thing as I with the DRL that the DRL plug had nothing to do with the marker lamps.

PATS4LIFE,

Thank you for your response. This sounds incredibly ignorant but, no I have not checked the bulb. I guess I had assumed that since both the amber lights were out that it had something to do with that plug being undone. That is good to know from someone who’s done the same thing as I with the DRL that the DRL plug had nothing to do with the marker lamps.

Also since bothe marker lights aren’t working maybe check for a blown fuse.

Archived