LegacyGT.com

Help please! Door lock and windows don't work!

Try resetting the ECU. Disconnect the ground terminal, get back in the car and stomp the brakes a few times and play with the window lock button and switches, connect the ground terminal again. Leave the key in the accessory position for at least 20 seconds before starting it up. It might stall out a few times on the first drive.

For all door locks not working, the factory service manual says to inspect fuses 3 and 7 inside the car.

Part of me wonders about the driver side window switch, since I think everything goes through that. I wouldn't just replace it without knowing it's bad though.

Does the passenger window work if you use the passenger switch, and what about the rear windows using the switches in the rear doors?

When you say the car doesn't lock, is that using the key fob, and the driver door/window switch?

For the windows not working, the factory service manual says this.

Symptom

All power windows do not operate.

Repair order

(1) Fuse (SBF-4)

(2) Power window circuit breaker (looks like it's somewhere behind the gauge cluster, or in front of your knees when driving?)

(3) Power window relay

(4) Wiring harness

(5) Body integrated unit

If you only press the window switches down part way, not using the auto up/down feature if the car has that, will they work then? Or do you get nothing no matter how you hold the switches?

All windows don't work even when using the passenger switch. Screen when I don't use the auto roll down.

The fob doesn't lock the car. Neither does the lock switch on the door. I'll try to look at the other things tomorrow.thanks!

My '05 LGT used to stop controlling the windows on extremely hot days. It was intermittent and then would go back to normal once things cooled off. I always suspected it could be the contacts on the driver side controller. Might be worth pulling that driver side controller and cleaning up the contacts.

This still doesn't explain why the keyfob won't lock the doors. Could be fuses or the keyfob battery.

My '05 LGT used to stop controlling the windows on extremely hot days. It was intermittent and then would go back to normal once things cooled off. I always suspected it could be the contacts on the driver side controller. Might be worth pulling that driver side controller and cleaning up the contacts.

This still doesn't explain why the keyfob won't lock the doors. Could be fuses or the keyfob battery.

Is it the controller on the door?

...SO STUPID... So I checked all the fuses in the engine compartment with a fluke, all was good. Also looked at then visually... But my eyes aren't that good anymore, but everything looks good. Turns out the fuse for sbf4 was broken but when I would ohm it, it shows good.... So thank you everyone!

Archived