LegacyGT.com

Is it all in my head or my engine has mood swings?

Consistency isn’t the hallmark of factory calibrations but there are things you can do to help make them perform the same all the time.

If it is that noticeable however, I’d be looking to find why. My suspicion is that something isn’t right. It may take a fair amount of logging and driving to establish a pattern and figure out what is going on, but that is part of tuning.

First of all, I have only owned this OBXT for a month. And yes I have cleaned the MAF already.

Between having erratic AVCS solenoids(replaced and all is good) and hunting for vacuum leaks, I have replaced all the fluids/oils and some vacuum hoses. The car is still not hitting target boost and vacuum leaks are still there.

Just received the Tactrix port and still learning about the EcuFlash and Romraider. What parameters should I log? How do I attach my Stage 1 base map here?

LV.jpg.d64d7524eb191c2ff48e55fda2fb35e5.jpg

Between having erratic AVCS solenoids(replaced and all is good)

Are you sure it’s good? Because in the back of my mind erratic cam timing was one thing I was thinking of when I wrote my first post. I didn’t even know you had problems previously.

First thing I’d record is desired and actual cam timing. And I’d be looking for a vacuum leak. It’s not off the scale yet but getting close.

Get this kind of stuff figured out/fixed before messing with the ECU too much and masking bigger problems...

Are you sure it’s good? Because in the back of my mind erratic cam timing was one thing I was thinking of when I wrote my first post. I didn’t even know you had problems previously.

First thing I’d record is desired and actual cam timing. And I’d be looking for a vacuum leak. It’s not off the scale yet but getting close.

Get this kind of stuff figured out/fixed before messing with the ECU too much and masking bigger problems...

It was the left AVCS. It was always laggy. I replaced both for good measure and now they are both in sync and on target.

My goal is to slowly replace all aging sensors, gaskets and hoses. O2 sensor is on the list. One by one I will get to the bottom of the vacuum leak

Archived