LegacyGT.com

Interest List for Manual 7th Generation

I'm a little late to this post. Yeah, we're in the extreme minority here. It's a sign of the times. I mean even the Corvette is ditching the manual transmission.

I too, would prefer a manual or a high-speed 7 or 8 speed automatic over a CVT.

I am still getting used to the fake shift points on my CVT. lol.

/\__/\

(='.'=) This is Cat. Copy and paste Cat

(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I'd rather buy a MT 5th gen legacy over the current WRX MTs. Wish they'd make another LGT as it'd be an easy decision for a next car. I find the Legacys way above Imprezas in interior and ride quality (not quite as go-kart-ish tho) and more enjoyable to drive around in. The new legacys look ugly to me though.. too mainstream on the design and the wheels *barf*.

I guess I'll hold out for the refresh on the WRX/STI and hope there is slightly more leg room in the back with some more comfort options and that larger HP. IF not, my days of Subie are done.

I'll be watching the next iteration of the STI also simply because there's no more GT. I hope they can make more of a discrete model with a wingless option. I like the more adult-like feel of the GT.

As someone pointed out I would also expect the leg room to grow so the interior could actually be very similar to our 5th gens.

Impreza leg room already is close 5th gen legacy. The next get WRX/STi should be at least that if not at 5th gen. But i still question if the WRX/STi will get the creature comforts a car at that price should.

40k anymore can't be an econobox with a 20 year old motor (even if its got a massive aftermarket).

An STi limited is more expensive than a Golf R..and we all know what car overall is better, reliability aside.

But you can always keep waiting for the next great thing, or get what comes up.