LegacyGT.com

Will this be covered under warranty?

I have about 5,000 miles left under the drivetrain warranty. Yesterday after changing my oil, I noticed a slight leak on the transmission as if it’s the seal. I cleaned it up and took these photos 24hrs later.

Is this something I should have the dealer look at or something they can fix? Or is it not that big of an issue?

00e536b9d154857b82e62b466ea5cb2c.jpg

ca6c35e6604a3e0f838d4b563ec52d23.jpg

leaks don't usually get better with time... looks like it's just a seep now, but if you are still under warranty, I'd bring it in (not sure they'll do anything, but if it continues to get worse, at least you have something official about when you actually brought it in to be fixed) - you can always give them a call and ask - state you are still under your powertrain warranty, and the transmission is leaking - ask what you should do.

Took it into the dealer today. They just fixed it up actually and resealed it and topped the fluids off! Best service ever. Wasn’t expecting the car until 2 years from now

*Best service ever...? Sounds more like a quick fix... Heck why not put JB Weld on it? If nothing leaked it wouldn't need to be topped off. I would contact SOA and report that dealership for their incompetence and get the replacement before it's on your dime. Just my 2 cents.

*Best service ever...? Sounds more like a quick fix... Heck why not put JB Weld on it? If nothing leaked it wouldn't need to be topped off. I would contact SOA and report that dealership for their incompetence and get the replacement before it's on your dime. Just my 2 cents.

Dude, what are you talking about? The dealer probably removed that cover, cleaned the sealing surfaces, applied liquid gasket, and refilled with fluid. What's wrong with that? What should they have done? Replaced the whole transmission for a little leak?

Dude, what are you talking about? The dealer probably removed that cover, cleaned the sealing surfaces, applied liquid gasket, and refilled with fluid. What's wrong with that? What should they have done? Replaced the whole transmission for a little leak?

Lolol that’s like exactly what they did. Says it on the receipt. Not sure why that other dude is freaking out lol. Dealer also replaced the hardware and test drove it. Then rechecked everything.

So you want me to call and say what exactly lol? “Hey ya my dealership fixed my issue I was having and did a great job. What idiots you should investigate them.” Seriously this made my day lol

Archived