LegacyGT.com

New to Subaru need help interpreting data log on state of health

Scoobiidoo

Hi all,

Just bought a new to me 06 OBXT with 104K miles 2 weeks ago and I have been doing general and preventative maintenance.

Work done so far - oil and filter change, power steering fluids flush, banjo bolt filters removal, cleaned OCVs, transmission fluids flush, differential oil flush, coolant flush, brake fluids flush and bulletproofed TMIC.

I am still working on chasing the vacuum leaks this weekend and just pulled a data log today for baseline check.

Please take a look at my datalog and let me know if there is anything I should be concerned with. It is stock tuned data logged by Cobb APV3.

I will be replacing the OCVs as soon as the parts are here. I also have a VF52 turbo to swap out the unknown health original VF40.

Thank you.

datalog4.csv

Have you smoke tested? The high A/F learning at idle and the high boost error at WOT suggest a boost leak. Since you've bulletproofed your TMIC, I'd expect either the TMIC-TB hose or something off the intake manifold.

@relative4 I am still learning about the smoke test. The fun and games today was the good old spray test which leads me to suspect the same TMIC-TB hose or everything that's under the TMIC where the spray can't get to.

For my old turbocharged BMWs, the vacuum reading is the only thing I need to monitor for leaks. For the OBXT, I am getting 20" at idle and 18 in gear so supposedly there shouldn't be any leak if we go with what I know.

Anyway, I was thinking about removing the TMIC, put a round bottle or can on the TMIC-TB hose to plumb it, apply some positive pressure from the BOV hose and check for leaks there?

If you want to put a little pressure on the intake system without smoke, disconnect the afta-MAF hose from the turbo inlet, plug the turbo inlet (with a pint paint can, etc.), open the oil fill cap, then as you said, disconnect the vacuum reference hose from the BPV and apply pressure to that hose.

That AVCS difference concerns me.. Others with more experience may chime in as well about that. Might just be a logging discrepancy due to so many parameters being logged at once. I know you have OCVs on the way so hopefully that solves that if its not just a discrepancy. My tuner did tell me that he’s seen cam gears failing over the past couple of years more than ever before. Not really sure why. Hopefully not the case for you.

That AVCS difference concerns me.. Others with more experience may chime in as well about that. Might just be a logging discrepancy due to so many parameters being logged at once. I know you have OCVs on the way so hopefully that solves that if its not just a discrepancy. My tuner did tell me that he’s seen cam gears failing over the past couple of years more than ever before. Not really sure why. Hopefully not the case for you.

@DaveWaters The AVCS difference is very erratic. Sometimes it is like clockwork. Other times it is laggy and all over the place. No CEL, no loss of power and oil is clear of debris/metallic particles. Is there another way to check the cam gears?

Thanks

Archived