LegacyGT.com

HELP!!! 1994 Subaru Legacy key on multiple relays click on and off

I have a 1994 Subaru Legacy with the turbo engine. a Couple weeks ago the car would not start. i stepped away from it till i had time to work on it now every time i turn the key to the run position multiple relays click off and on. the relays i have found that do it are the fuel pump relay the electric fan relay and looks like a relay that is connected to the injectors on the passenger side. What could be causing this issue. this is my daily driver so hoping to get ideas from you guys and gals, thank you Edited by mtsubi

Low battery voltage or poor connection from battery to starter will result in multiple clicks from the starter, whereas a single click from the starter would result in a bad starter solenoid. No clicks at all could be any of those as well as a bad relay.

so could a bad battery cause the relays to click on and off. all i do is turn the key to the run position and my fuel pump and electric fans will turn on and off and can hear the relays click when they go on and off . not sure if this makes sense lol. the starter works fine but it seems like there is something going on in the electrical.

• 1 year later...
2009 spec b, just rebuilt the engine and went to power up for the first time. Seems like every relay is freaking out. Fans off and on, a/c clutch pulling in and out. Ecbs engaging. Basically every single electronic in the car is turning off and on. You ever figure out what was up with yours?