LegacyGT.com

Flashing CEL after jump start

Hi

2011 legacy wagon

Yeah so basically guys my missus prolly left a light on last night so had a friend give her a little of ye old shocker with his starter cables to get things running. Well basically now all of a sudden CEL was blinking. Isn't that great?

Now being the idiot that I am I drove out for about 30 mins (with no problems tho) to charge the old sucker before I was like hey maybe I should find out what this light really means. Yeah so I got home and was like let me try to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU and start the car to see if the light goes away. Surely it did.

So now I've also lost the valuable information I could've pulled with an OBD-thingie. Anyways it seems so bloody strange to me that a basic jump start should have my car misfiring or anything like that.

What do you guys think? Stealer is closed for the weekend.

Thank yaw

Mine threw a code after a jump start last year. I can't remember the code, but it had to do with the ECU not communicating with the BCU or something like that. When I put in the new battery and started it up, there was no code and it never came back.

I wouldn't worry, I figured that mine just had a surge or something that the ECU overreacted to.

Thanks guys it's good to hear I'm not the only one seeing some small electric glitches following a jump start. Had a word from a friend of mine who is a truck mechanic today says this kind of thing actually happens with the ECU from time to time when the battery has been completely flat. Kind of put me to ease a lil' bit.

Kind of disturbing to think about tho' when you learn the actual implications of the flashing CEL. Hope I never see that light again in my life. PEACE!

Thanks guys it's good to hear I'm not the only one seeing some small electric glitches following a jump start. Had a word from a friend of mine who is a truck mechanic today says this kind of thing actually happens with the ECU from time to time when the battery has been completely flat. Kind of put me to ease a lil' bit.

Kind of disturbing to think about tho' when you learn the actual implications of the flashing CEL. Hope I never see that light again in my life. PEACE!

IMO subaru is a little heavy handed at times with the CEL and various other flashing lights. for some reason they see it necessary to deactivate ABS and traction control with nearly any CEL just adding to the christmas tree.... and why does my TPMS sensor have to flash for the first 3 minutes of driving? we may never know

Archived