LegacyGT.com

Subaru Forester STi

IcEWoLF

The articles I have seen state the engine in this concept is the e-Boxer, but I wonder if it is using the one motor hybrid engine available in Japan or is it using the two motor setup found in the Crosstrek Hybrid Plugin.

I LOVE the way it looks! I bet they are going to make it more boxy and more like current Subaru's though, especially in the back (which is what they did with the Ascent rear end sadly).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 4 weeks later...
Six piston calipers to stop a car with 155HP?? Are you joking? Anyone who buys this should be required to have a custom license plate that says POSER. Calling super weak sauce on this one!
Braking power should be considered based on weight and chassis dynamics before engine power. The Forester has more momentum at any speed compared to a lighter impreza and the brakes will help regardless of how long it took to get to that speed.

Conversely, big brakes on light vehicles that never reach operating temperature under the same conditions and would be considered overkill.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

So your saying this car needs six piston Brembos to be able to stop safely. Really? Really?? Well gosh the brake set up on a non STI Forester (with the same power to weight ratio) must make it a complete death trap :)

If you read carefully:

The STI variant of the popular wagon will be fitted with a more powerful version of the current Forester's eBoxer powerplant, which combines a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with an electric motor.

They then give the specs of the normal e-boxer, saying that the STI variant will have more power than standard.

This careful reader saw combined 155 HP / 187 TQ which is limp wristed weak sauce any way you look at it. It doesn’t deserve to be called an STI.

Combined 155/187 in the existing model. More in the STI model.

(How much more is yet to be determined)

This careful reader saw combined 155 HP / 187 TQ which is limp wristed weak sauce any way you look at it. It doesn’t deserve to be called an STI.

read more carfuler

Archived