LegacyGT.com

TD05H-16G or VF52?

then dont call it stage 1. You are doing stage 3(upgraded turbo), but with stock fueling and exhaust. Nothing wrong with that other than it seems like alot of work for what could otherwise be had with a DP and a stage 2 OTS map.

if you are gonna do a custom tune by a tuner for the new turbo, do a vf52.

VF-52 for sure if your mostly living under 4K revs as you'll move your power band to the left a few hundred revs which is preferable for a daily driver IMHO. You'll maximize this mod if you can afford to add a fuel pump and injectors, it will give your tuner more headroom to play with. The 16G in my track car comes on later than the VF-52 in my daily driver for sure (and the 52 drops off earlier approaching redline.)

I love the VF-52 as I spend most of my time <6k RPM.

I have the upgraded fuel pump, but stock injectors for now.

Same set up my wagon is on currently. Was on the stock fuel pump until Nov 2017. VF52 has about 125,000 miles on it now.

Most long term members know how happy I am with my wagon. I don't notice much of a drop in power near 7000rpm. The car has great mid-range power also. It's all in the tune. http://www.tuningalliance.com

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would go with a AEM 340 pump over a DW65C.

@GEE-OTTO Is it only because of higher flow rate or is there something else over the DW65C?

I just want a simple swap job where I don't have to modify/fabricate anything. Longevity and simplicity are valued more than flow rate. I am not looking for big/max gains. I only said DW65C because I know someone local who is selling a brand new unit.

Thanks

Archived