LegacyGT.com

Will a 2008 Impreza 5sp transmission work on my 2009 legacy ?

I wanna do the 4EAT to MT trans swap and need a donor car and wanted to know if I could use the trans from a Impreza and put it in my legacy and I didn’t know if I could use the rear diff? And when u do the swap do u have to change the pcm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it it's 4.11 basically any 5 speed and diff will work from any year as long as it's not cable shifted like the last few years. An Impreza transmission mount from 08-12 will bolt up no problem. I used a 2013 Forester x 5mt but used a 2012 wrx trans crossmember. So Forester or outback sourced transmission will need legacy or Impreza crossmember

As long as it it's 4.11 basically any 5 speed and diff will work from any year as long as it's not cable shifted like the last few years. An Impreza transmission mount from 08-12 will bolt up no problem. I used a 2013 Forester x 5mt but used a 2012 wrx trans crossmember. So Forester or outback sourced transmission will need legacy or Impreza crossmember

If you’re changing the diff why worry about what the final drive is? Depending on the use of the car this might be the time to switch to a different one if so desired.

Subaru parts are very interchangeable but I’d like to emphasize using the correct transmission crossmembers and mounts. If the incorrect ones are used alignment problems will exist. Legacy or Impreza parts should work but forester ones won’t and I don’t think outback ones would be correct either.

Archived