LegacyGT.com

Knock sum jumping 2-4 when blipping throttle in neutral

Looking to see if the community has some thoughts on my problem. After a recent track day with an off-track excursion rough enough to unseat a tire, I'm now seeing my DAM at 0. Thinking I may have knocked something loose during my spin.

I've taken a couple of datalogs with some moderate throttle pulls (not WOT) and need to analyze. But when I got home, I was watching knock sum and it jump up 2-4 everytime I blipped the throttle in neutral starting from idle. If I sequentially blipped and the knock sum would only jump during the first blip from idle. Should I be focused on scouting for loose items in the engine bay?

Thanks.

So maybe the knock sum jumping during idle throttle blips is a red herring.

Looking through a log of normal driving around and am seeing FBKC jump to -7 or -8 when I near 0-1psi boost. Not super consistent (sometimes no feedback knock is observed at these condition), but being at these mid-load conditions during knock is what I'm seeing.

AFratio around 14.5 and can grab timing values. But, no changes to tune which is the same as it's been for years. Also nothing significant on learned AF A-D.

Bad gas? Other ideas?

Archived