LegacyGT.com

Interior/Exterior Upgrades

2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium, looking for some guidance on the following OEM upgrades from Subaruonlineparts:

1. Rear trunk spoiler: $230.06

2. Blue illumination kit: $115.01

3. Leather shift knob: $24.64

4. Trunk side cargo nets: $38.34

5. Door edge guards: $88.20

I'm also going to get a lot more for our '14 FXT Touring, to maximize product/shipping costs.

Compared to purchasing these things from the dealer, I think I'll be saving a bunch of money. I'll also be adding a few non-necessities that will give each vehicle a bit more appeal. I plan on keeping both vehicles for a long time.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium, looking for some guidance on the following OEM upgrades from Subaruonlineparts:

1. Rear trunk spoiler: $230.06

5. Door edge guards: $88.20

I'm also going to get a lot more for our '14 FXT Touring, to maximize product/shipping costs.

Compared to purchasing these things from the dealer, I think I'll be saving a bunch of money. I'll also be adding a few non-necessities that will give each vehicle a bit more appeal. I plan on keeping both vehicles for a long time.

I'll sell you my Side Cargo Nets I'm about to install my Audio and wont need them and possibly the one that goes across the rear of the trunk.. As for the Blue Foot Well Lights you can get a a better cheaper kit from Opt 7 LEDS or XKGlow..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll sell you my Side Cargo Nets I'm about to install my Audio and wont need them and possibly the one that goes across the rear of the trunk.. As for the Blue Foot Well Lights you can get a a better cheaper kit from Opt 7 LEDS or XKGlow..

How much?

Why is theirs better?

'15 FB25

I have the side cargo nets and I really like them. It allows me to keep some jumper cables and stuff of that nature without that stuff rolling around the trunk anymore.

That’s what I’m thinking. Jumper cables on one side, first-aid kit on the other side.

'15 FB25

Your 2015 Premium already has an OE leather-wrapped shift knob.

I have them and like them. They do complicate raising the rear cargo tray to access the spare tire well, though.

I also have the rear cargo net installed, but I seldom use it. The rear net does stow neatly and conveniently when not in use, which is a big plus.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I have them and like them. They do complicate raising the rear cargo tray to access the spare tire well, though.

I also have the rear cargo net installed, but I seldom use it. The rear net does stow neatly and conveniently when not in use, which is a big plus.

What I have is a bumpy-plasticy shifter. It doesn't look like the smooth-looking shifter in the picture for the leather shifter. Is their picture off or did I get Gypped?

I would definitely use the side mesh. I like to keep a small first-aid kit in each vehicle, which this would be perfect for.

I've only added the spoiler, and it's an easy install. You better like it once it's on there, because it requires drilling. I love it.

On my way into work this morning, an identical Legacy to mine was right in front of me for the last couple of miles. It had the rear lip spoiler and I'm really digging it!

XKGlow and Opt 7 Kits have multi color function and also have light bars for the Rear Seats as well.. The Stock Subaru only has Front Seat area..

I'll google, but do you happen to have a link? I don't want rear lighting, just the front foot-wells.

Coming from a shipping background, I really would have apreferred that the entire lighting scheme in the Legacy was red. Blue is bad for night-vision and I'm a much bigger fan of red lighting anyway. Besides that, just look at my user-name as a supporter. Maybe my old 30-something-year-old eyes deceive me, but it's pretty hard to read compared to other fonts.

Also, I don't think that the blue lights in the doors would match red in the foot-wells - what do you guys think?

'15 FB25

I'll google, but do you happen to have a link? I don't want rear lighting, just the front foot-wells.

Also, I don't think that the blue lights in the doors would match red in the foot-wells - what do you guys think?

I have these in my car and I really like them and you can't beat the price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MXNZKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are other variants obviously that just have strips for the front seats, but for the price it's nice having 2 extra lights for spares in case something happens.

I think both red and blue lighting look very good as the speedometer/headunit are more blue themed while all of the buttons illuminate red. What is nice with these is you can pick the color you want from a color wheel so you can tweak the color, shade, and brightness to just about anything you want.

IMG-2450.thumb.JPG.32f44f30093913292c0ebe26f5ac5c27.JPG

IMG-2451.thumb.JPG.5969d9d3d1dfa509140000e914efa4fb.JPG

I have these in my car and I really like them and you can't beat the price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076MXNZKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are other variants obviously that just have strips for the front seats, but for the price it's nice having 2 extra lights for spares in case something happens.

I think both red and blue lighting look very good as the speedometer/headunit are more blue themed while all of the buttons illuminate red. What is nice with these is you can pick the color you want from a color wheel so you can tweak the color, shade, and brightness to just about anything you want.

How low does the brightness get? I'm looking for a bit of visibility AND a slightly more appealing look as a side benefit. Dark pictures are tough, but what you posted looks really bright. Is that just the pic or is it pretty bright?

'15 FB25

Side nets are indispensable, IMHO. And a leather shift would provide a nice touch-point upgrade for not a whole lot of $.

That's what I was thinking. There's no way I would pay a ton, but for $25? Seems worth it.

'15 FB25

I installed this on my 2015 Legacy 2.5 limited and specifically didn’t go with an aftermarket part. The OEM kit, while not as bright and doesn’t feature multicolor functionality, is the proper kit for your vehicle. You read mixed reviews about the strips provided by some aftermarket companies (specifically that they don’t stick) and that some people received incomplete products. I bought mine from a dealership and installed myself in about 20 minutes. Personally not a fan of using things like “add a fuse” in my vehicle as they are just a workaround, not an “approved” method of doing something. The OEM lighting dims with your gauges and is in no way distracting while driving (which I imagine flashing/changing lights may be). Good luck with whatever product you choose!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed this on my 2015 Legacy 2.5 limited and specifically didn’t go with an aftermarket part. The OEM kit, while not as bright and doesn’t feature multicolor functionality, is the proper kit for your vehicle. You read mixed reviews about the strips provided by some aftermarket companies (specifically that they don’t stick) and that some people received incomplete products. I bought mine from a dealership and installed myself in about 20 minutes. Personally not a fan of using things like “add a fuse” in my vehicle as they are just a workaround, not an “approved” method of doing something. The OEM lighting dims with your gauges and is in no way distracting while driving (which I imagine flashing/changing lights may be). Good luck with whatever product you choose!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the feedback. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

'15 FB25

How low does the brightness get? I'm looking for a bit of visibility AND a slightly more appealing look as a side benefit. Dark pictures are tough, but what you posted looks really bright. Is that just the pic or is it pretty bright?

That is the brightest setting and the picture makes it look brighter than it is. I have them for the same reasons you do it sounds like. I do a lot of late night driving and it is nice to be able to have the floor lit if I drop anything, as well as provide a little extra light to keep me alert. I normally have them on white for this reason.

The lights dim down to next to nothing in terms of brightness. I can try to get a picture of it if you'd like at night for comparison. It is nice not having to control the brightness with the dashboard brightness because you may not want them at the same brightness levels. It is nice these ones plug into your 12V DC port in your armrest so it is hidden and easily installed without worrying about messing with or adding wiring to the car. If you decide to get rid of the car at some point, this makes them very easy to remove. As others have mentioned, the adhesive is not quite good enough for the plastic you will need to attach it to, so I would recommend getting some 3M double sided tape made for automotive trim for ~$5 at Walmart or some place similar. Just attach the tape to the adhesive strip on the lights and install like you would have without it. Cleaning the installation area with rubbing alcohol will also greatly improve adhesion.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some of the things in my OP and they just arrived. You were right, the leather-wrapped shift knob is identical to the one already in my car.

NEITHER is leather, nor pleather. I was hoping for a soft-touch leather shift knob. I guess it was dumb of me to think what I wanted would be so cheap. Lesson learned....:redface:

'15 FB25

Archived