LegacyGT.com

Ignition stays on???

When I remove the key the car stays on radio,dash ect. I thought it was a bad ignition switch but I tested it and it’s good, however the other end of the plug still has constant 7v at two of the 4wires while one has the 12v. Quick back story to how the problem first started I was changing my suspension and had to unlock the steering wheel when I removed the key I realized the power was still on. Also I don’t hear my fuel pump kicking in so I’ll be testing for voltage there next.

• 2 months later...
Finally had decent weather and time to troubleshoot. Tested the ignition switch and it’s good, and checked my main fuse box to see if anything was visablly wrong and saw nothing all fuses good. Any insight anyone???

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the details of our system, but I expect there is a relay involved somewhere. Perhaps it is failing in a way that it sticks in the run position?

I had mine refuse to turn off when the key was turned to off and removed, but that was because I put an Impreza computer in my Legacy. Mostly worked, but there was no ability to shut down without removing the battery negative.

I switched back to the original computer. I was just testing to see if the other was a viable spare...

• 5 months later...
Bump......so finally got back to troubleshooting again and so here’s what’s working as it should Main Relay,Fuel Pump Relay and all connections going to the pump/ECU tested good with continuity and the pump works when I jump the fuel pump relay. I still have voltage going to my fuse box inside the car with the Key OFF and with my limited time I’m stumped. Any ideas as to what I should check next

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...