LegacyGT.com

Interior Window Cleaning

Does anyone have advice for cleaning the interiors of the windshield and rear window? Maybe it's that I'm just old and not flexible, the aerodynamic design of the windows makes it impossible for me to clean these windows, particularly the lower third of the rear window. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Many people have had good results with Stoner Invisible Glass products: https://www.invisibleglass.com/products/product/95163CSTON01/invisible-glass-reach-clean/cp_/all-products ... widely available from Walmart, auto parts stores, and home stores. If your Legacy has EyeSight, be sure not to get any cleaning liquid overspray on the EyeSight camera lenses. It is recommended to apply cleaning liquid to a cloth and wipe it on, rather than spraying it directly on the windshield.

17968-003-0001728_s.png

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Many people have had good results with Stoner Invisible Glass products: https://www.invisibleglass.com/products/product/95163CSTON01/invisible-glass-reach-clean/cp_/all-products ... widely available from Walmart, auto parts stores, and home stores. If your Legacy has EyeSight, be sure not to get any cleaning liquid overspray on the EyeSight camera lenses. It is recommended to apply cleaning liquid to a cloth and wipe it on, rather than spraying it directly on the windshield.

17968-003-0001728_s.png

I have this and love it. It makes it much easier to clean the hard to reach places. Also does a good job on the easy to reach places. I have not tried it on my one week old Legacy however.

Stoner glass cleaner plus newspaper

+ blue lint-free towels

+ newspaper

+ the yellow wand

All work.

I also follow up with a dry microfiber cloth.

Spray the wadded up paper NOT the windshield if you're concerned about overspray on the cameras.

I've been detailing my cars for over 25 years now (wow, I feel old) and honestly, the best and fastest results are with a regular cotton bath towel. (No fabric softener when you wash it)

Just a clean dry bath towel. (I get the old ones from the wife)

The glass cleaner product doesn't matter too much. I've used a bunch and don't really have a favorite.

Spray the glass lightly with a light mist. Don't drench the glass, especially on the inside (unless you have heavy dirt/film, or something specific that you need removed)

The key to the entire process is rubbing the towel all around the glass and pushing it into the hard to reach areas. Towels work much better than paper towels for this as they conform better in the nooks and cranny's.

Step 2: the MOST important part. BUFF OUT the streaks. Think of it like buffing off wax.

I often use just plain water on the towel, so part of the towel is damp. Then use the dry part and some elbow grease to buff out ALL of the glass. This removes the streaks and any residue from the cleaner.

The car I had before my Legacy was a 91 Honda Prelude. I had it for 17 years, and used to buff the exterior of the windshield every time I washed the car. And also when I waxed the car, I would buff it (not with any wax)

The result was like using rain-x - the water would bead off and I didn't need to use my wipers on the highway.

And yes, a towel works great on the rear window inside. Yes, it IS hard to reach. A good bath towel makes it much easier - and don't damage the defroster/antenna stripes!

Keep your windows clean!

Love his videos, and this reminded me about a trick I need to try out. Using vinegar to remove salt stains from carpets. Watched this video from him last year and forgot to try it out.

The glass cleaner guy certainly has an OCD method for cleaning the glass. I guess if you let the windshield get that bad, maybe it worth it. if you keep up with it, it's probably not necessary.

A clay bay and buffing when waxing work just as well.

Also, I would never recommend putting your knee straight into the middle of the seat, as this can damage the heated seat.

The vinegar on the floor mats works. Also does Hydrogen Peroxide on other various fabric stains in cars, and no smell.

Archived