LegacyGT.com

New year, new build...v.3.0...R?

Here I go again. :lol:

See? You can't help it :spin:

I have not touched mine that much lately, cause I bought a 98 XJ on 35s modified to rock crawl :hide:. Learning about Jeep stuff now..

Since this is a pic thread...

Man, she looks good. On point.

I have not touched mine that much lately, cause I bought a 98 XJ on 35s modified to rock crawl :hide:. Learning about Jeep stuff now..

A jeep huh... you will now decent to even lower levels of poverty you could've never imagined!!

As a fellow Subaru and Mopar owner, I welcome you!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

:lol:

I have not spent that much thus far, I think?? It's already well modified (front/rear lockers, on 35s, trussed front/rear axles, rear Ford 8.8 axle, 4.88 gearing, etc..). Just changed a wheel bearing, better bushings and larger bolts for the aftermarket trackbar, new valve cover gasket, belt, ujoint on front driveshaft. Not too bad :). Still need to fix a case of minor death wobble. Also wants stronger front axles. I wish it was turboed too!

Anyway, let's not threadjack Brandon's SpecB H6T thread :spin:

In the mean time we (my mechanic Mike van Velden) are working on a super charged Legacy IV 3.0 R.

Will start a thread of my own.

Very cool intercooler core placement mate. The 'raptor superchargers' kits from Australia use one size down from that right off the throttle body. But this design to use the slightly larger core is better by a long way, appears to be a very neat fit!

Thanks! Lots of good Jeeping spots where you're at. I have a friend with an XJ and he goes to Moab for the Jeep Safari every year.

In the mean time we (my mechanic Mike van Velden) are working on a super charged Legacy IV 3.0 R.

Will start a thread of my own.

Looks good! Love the red manifold.

Very cool intercooler core placement mate. The 'raptor superchargers' kits from Australia use one size down from that right off the throttle body. But this design to use the slightly larger core is better by a long way, appears to be a very neat fit!

How's your car running?

How's your car running?

Alright for now haha. This stock motor is lifting the heads under full power, but I've built a ghetto yet genius pump setup to pump the overflowed coolant from the bottle back into the bottom radiator hose :lol: It's been foolproof the last 6 months.

I reckon my EZ build may still be ~3 to 5 months off running just due to money. But we're still making progress little by little.

My block should be all closed-decked and o-ringed and ready for 12mm head studs in a couple weeks.

The heads I don't have the funds to go for Kelford's cam setup but I'm still going to do a little porting and chamber modification, and some 0.5mm OS exhaust valves :)

All i need partswise still is the whole Haltech setup and possibly another box of main bearings pending measurement.

Your youtube vids are getting me more and more excited for it!

Edited by taj_fwd911

Car looks phenomenal Brandon.

Hey I saw the Easter Jeep Safari as I was passing through Moab on my road trip down to TX a couple months ago. I've never seen so many Jeeps in my life. Every car on the road was or contained a Jeep. A cool sight to see! Moab was memorable on the way down too, so seeing this event on the way back up, just solidified this being a place I'd like to stop and look around next time I pass through.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Alright for now haha. This stock motor is lifting the heads under full power, but I've built a ghetto yet genius pump setup to pump the overflowed coolant from the bottle back into the bottom radiator hose :lol: It's been foolproof the last 6 months.

I reckon my EZ build may still be ~3 to 5 months off running just due to money. But we're still making progress little by little.

My block should be all closed-decked and o-ringed and ready for 12mm head studs in a couple weeks.

The heads I don't have the funds to go for Kelford's cam setup but I'm still going to do a little porting and chamber modification, and some 0.5mm OS exhaust valves :)

All i need partswise still is the whole Haltech setup and possibly another box of main bearings pending measurement.

Your youtube vids are getting me more and more excited for it!

You should market and sell that coolant overflow pump. You've solved one of Subaru's biggest problem! :lol:

Yeah, those cams are sooo expensive. Plus you have to buy their DLC buckets. :eek:

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but Andre at HP Academy had a couple interviews with big Subaru builders. One was from Vermont Sports Car and the other Deshele Performance. They both said main bearing clearance is very important in keeping big power Subaru engines alive. They both run them pretty tight because of the alloy block expanding as it warms up and because the main clearance grows under power from the block halves pulling apart. Of course it's for EJs, but I'd imagine it carries over to the EZ. Really good info from them.

Look forward to seeing your build come together. The EZ builds are neat because there really aren't any bolt on solutions. It's fun seeing the stuff everyone comes up with. Every build is sooo different. EJ stuff is so very cookie cutter (and cheaper), but I wish at times the EZ had that kind of aftermarket support.

Car looks phenomenal Brandon.

Hey I saw the Easter Jeep Safari as I was passing through Moab on my road trip down to TX a couple months ago. I've never seen so many Jeeps in my life. Every car on the road was or contained a Jeep. A cool sight to see! Moab was memorable on the way down too, so seeing this event on the way back up, just solidified this being a place I'd like to stop and look around next time I pass through.

Moab is beautiful and definitely a worthwhile trip. There's a reason this bumper sticker exists. All of southern Utah is beautiful. So much to go see.

90_750x750_Front_Color-White.thumb.jpg.4b641ee030d7519a484341b7e6533157.jpg

You should market and sell that coolant overflow pump. You've solved one of Subaru's biggest problem! :lol:

Yeah, those cams are sooo expensive.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but Andre at HP Academy had a couple interviews with big Subaru builders. One was from Vermont Sports Car and the other Deshele Performance. They both said main bearing clearance is very important in keeping big power Subaru engines alive. They both run them pretty tight because of the alloy block expanding as it warms up and because the main clearance grows under power from the block halves pulling apart. Of course it's for EJs, but I'd imagine it carries over to the EZ. Really good info from them.

Look forward to seeing your build come together. The EZ builds are neat because there really aren't any bolt on solutions. It's fun seeing the stuff everyone comes up with. Every build is sooo different. EJ stuff is so very cookie cutter (and cheaper), but I wish at times the EZ had that kind of aftermarket .

Yeah the cam setup ends up about $7k AUD after all the buckets and assosciated bits haha. IDK about USDM, but our 05-06 EZ30s actually have a better exhaust cam and the 07-09's have a better intake cam. So I've got both of those to put together. I'll find the exact specs and post it here later on!

Those interviews were interesting indeed, i definitely noted that point about the main bearing clearance and plan to go a smidge tighter than the usual EJ size. Just speculation but EZ being longer with more case bolts etc. it may not grow quite as much as an EJ though.

Yeah uniqueness is awesome. I was planning to stick with a larger W2A system but recently decided I wasn't gonna fit a big enough core in a convenient spot. So will be changing to normal frount-mount

Bit of a pic dump. A friend took some pics of my car with her nice camera. Looks a lot better than my cell phone pics.

I'm thinking of dropping down a turbo size. I think 600 whp is a really good number for this engine and the turbo I have is pretty big for 600.

DSC_0919_Original.jpg.f88a7453a1a0cf45ca2101ea334a313f.jpg

DSC_0951-2_Original.jpg.b245f92292830bb42488e425f90ce488.jpg

DSC_0930_Original.jpg.4c7571186dc34e8cee62c47cbb43f9df.jpg

DSC_0880_Original.jpg.eedd055f9371fd3b8d01e1f4de17371e.jpg

DSC_0918_Original.jpg.97d8682de74fcef4c15dd06982b47524.jpg

DSC_0926-2_Original.jpg.e4d3504ee7cf9ca9955b45c23c83c54e.jpg

Immaculate

Thanks, but don't look too close. The pics hide the 130,000 miles of daily driving this car did :lol:. Body and paint is the next big project.

Very nice mate. What smaller turbo would you be looking into you reckon?

Looking at a Xona Rotor 8264S. Smaller compressor and turbine than what I have now plus the new UHF turbine. Should pick up quite a bit of spool and keep the same top end I have now.

^My wagon is hovering right at that mileage. When I walk up, all I see is dings n dents. But when I’m at the wash, I get compliments. It is what it is, a 15ish year old Subaru. Wears its scars well. And btw, my engine bay will never come close to your creation. Hats off.

• 2 weeks later...