LegacyGT.com

Idling Problem on 2.0 Twin Turbo JDM Spec

Hi.. i just bought this car not long ago.... basically is a nice car,... lately i have issues with my idling problem.

i have change a air mass sensor

coils n plugs

throttle body

iavc

the idling problems only during whenever i stoppedat traffic light or sometimes when its just standstills

By idling problem, you mean you feel engine misfires, CEL comes on intermittently and you can feel the whole car shake from the engine?

If so, could also be a failing battery/alternator. Low rpms = low voltage/current = no spark. Had the same problem, and would be at its worst when I restart the engine after a short trip, I could feel the whole car shaking from the engine/cylinders not firing.

By idling problem, you mean you feel engine misfires, CEL comes on intermittently and you can feel the whole car shake from the engine?

If so, could also be a failing battery/alternator. Low rpms = low voltage/current = no spark. Had the same problem, and would be at its worst when I restart the engine after a short trip, I could feel the whole car shaking from the engine/cylinders not firing.

sometimes it feels like misfiring

btw what is CEL?

• 3 weeks later...
Are you talking about a diagram on ALL the hose connections? There are a few resources floating around. Try putting your car number (found under the hood, in the format of BE5-XXXXXX) into partsouq.com and look around. Another is a full maintenance manual for same year Liberty's (Australian version of the Legacy), basically same as JDM spec but tuned down for Australia's lower octane gas.

There is no problem with the engine light... It doesn't turned ON while the engine runs....

I’m not sure if you really understand the question. Just to be sure what we are talking about is the CEL. Check for any diagnostic errors. You will need a specific tool for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived