LegacyGT.com

White Dust out of vents

So I've only had the car for about 4 months but several times now I've noticed this white substance. small particles on my dash and the louvers of my vents. At first I just thought some dust had been in the system?!?! but every time I clean my dash it re-appears again.

Anyone else had this issue? I searched the forum first and couldn't find anything?

Maybe a bad evaporator?

I checked the filter last night and it didn't look too bad but I blew it out anyway, and then cleaned the dash again and found that these particles are even along the doors too along the window.

Was it work cleaning the filter or should I just plan on changing it? Sorry I didn't take a pic, I thought of it but didn't remember until I had everything back together.

The car was used, it's a 2015 with 35k.

In regards to the skin particles or smoking, the previous owner said he didn't smoke and it has no smoke smell whatsoever. And as far as skin particles. I've had 3 cars now with dark interior and never once had this issue so I don't think it's me......

Just looked up what cabin air filter I have to see the price, etc. And here it's a K&N VF2000 Washable & Reusable Cabin Air Filter, so maybe I should pull it out again and wash it? If I do, do you just wash with water or any type of soap too?

Just looked up what cabin air filter I have to see the price, etc. And here it's a K&N VF2000 Washable & Reusable Cabin Air Filter, so maybe I should pull it out again and wash it? If I do, do you just wash with water or any type of soap too?

Follow the K&N cleaning instructions. These can be found on their website, YouTube or Googling. You may want to blow the vents out, with compressed air, clean your car and then put the clean cabin filter back in.

Don't waste the money just buy OEM or WIX filter, replace once year and call it a day. Amazon sell them beside a lot of supply places.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So don't waste my time with a K&N cleaning kit?

I'll go ahead an blow out the vents then clean the car again and see if there's any change. If not I"ll pick up another filter. WIX brand was mentioned but curious if anyone has used EPAuto brand filters as they seem to have decided reviews and are very reasonably priced.

I did blow out the fan motor area too as I know on a pickup I had that would fill with stuff.

here are some pics after of my car after about 5 mins of use. I know it's hard to see but you'll see little white specks like dandruff.

dust1.thumb.jpg.ca78b36ae642ab073b89bc41790b90f2.jpg

dust2.thumb.jpg.a2eef58d4c68276b2ee088b0a38bf9b4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
as I've gotten particles in my eye when driving and had to almost pull over cause my eye was so bothered. I'm really thinking it has something to do with the AC as it didnt seem to start here until winter where I use the defrost everyday and I didnt get the car until September so I didn't use the AC must at all and may be why I didn't notice it then.

Archived