LegacyGT.com

Import contact from android phone

Folks:

I am trying to import a contact from my Samsung Galaxy s5 to my 2011 Sub legacy 6 CD Harmon Kardon system but not having any success. According to the Sub manual you are supposed to be able to bluetooth the contact details from your phone. After trying different approaches that all failed, I downloaded an app to my phone--Bluetooth File Transfer. I verify that my phone is connected to the vehicle.

There appears to me 3 steps to using the app. Step one "Searching Service" completes OK.

Step 2 "Connect to Device" always fails. I get an error message that reads--you can't connect with target device because it lacks the Object Push Profile Bluetooth service.

So that is where I get stuck. Does anyone have any solution to this? Thanks in advance to all the reply.

Bob

I believe you have to have the Nav system to import contacts. The standard Hk system will only set up names for calling through the steering wheel controls.

I have NEVER been able to get all my contacts imported in my 11 with NAV. It says its possible but I cannot figure it out and im usually pretty good with it. The infortainment in the 5th gen is utter garbage

Update: I can find nothing in the manuals about it, but maybe someone else can

Side note: the 13/14 with the better head unit I have heard can do it. (Nav and Non Nav)

you can also change the settings in the Nav to connect via the nav or the device... that said the system is TRASH, I've never been able to get my contacts to import in the 6 years i've had it, tho i haven't tried to use a standalone app to do so... for me to hook my phone to the audio bluetooth i need to set it to set up to connect with the nav, but it can't connect at the same time as the hands free bluetooth so you need to hit connect on the Nav then disconnect from the handsfree on your phone and hit connect again on your phone... then when you get a call the connection breaks even though it activate handsfree. if anyone Knows how to give the 2 different names so it's not endlessly confusing I'm all ears.

Thanks to those that have replied. I should have been clear about this initially--I don't have the Nav and I don't have steering wheel controls. My controls are under the radio. It is frustrating since I can voice activate the phonebook and one of the options I am given is import contact.

Nevertheless, the replies have given me some ideas. I will play with it and report back.

Thanks to all

Bob

The blueconnect system is a bit different. You should be able to transfer contacts via bluetooth to the blueconnect system.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c2fc1fa0702c/BlueConnect_OM_07292009.pdf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Archived