LegacyGT.com

Satellite Radio Antenna

I just purchased the factory sat receiver unit for my 2009 GT sedan. Looking for the antenna now. I've read about placing the antenna in the rear under the third brake light housing but from underneath I do not see any access. Does it fit between the rear deck and the plastic housing or am I missing something else?

I put mine up behind the mirror.

I am thinking about the same thing - up above the mirror. Can the antenna be stuck under where the black edging is along the top middle? Unsure how to best describe it - the black area above mirror that looks like a bunch of small dots. I know the antenna connector is there under the radio / center console but I am unsure where it runs to. Likely the other end is up by the mirror somewhere - ?

Mine is on those black dots. I don't see it from the drivers seat.

Just drove the Spec and noticed I put it under the black dot's behind the drivers side of the rear view mirror. The e-z pass is on the other side.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 11 months later...
So I have procrastinated on install for a year. Thinking about this again. 2009 LGT here. I have a stock XM radio and a small magnet mount antenna instead of the windshield hockey puck style. Based on your responses I think I will just Velcro the antenna to the dash on the driver side up by the defrost vents. For the receiver unit, I have not been able to find the OEM metal mounting brackets so I am expecting to just fashion my own mounting system/brackets out of thin metal stock I can find lying around. This antenna is supposed to be external so does anyone foresee issues with it on the dash vs outside on the roof?

20191224_092114.thumb.jpg.0576567428cf5740d43f7e8919ac71ca.jpg

As said above, just stick it up behind the mirror, its out of sight. Mine has been there since I installed it by in 2011.

Make sure you write down the units numbers so you can give it the person on the phone when sitting up the service.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here