LegacyGT.com

PCV valve

So again, I read and read some more and I am more confused than before I began the search. In continuing my quest to get the car in tip top shape around 60k I am looking into cleaning/replacing the pvc valve. I see there were multiple variants of the system after reading the following threads in entirety:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pcv-valve-replacement-95003p18.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pcv-part-mystery-238183.html?t=238183&highlight=PCV+valve

Is the valve serviceable as in can I clean it or do I just replace it, after I find the damn thing that is? SOme say under the tmic, others on the left side looking from the front? If replacement is the only way, it appears the factory clamps must be cut so I will need clamps and the valve - NAPA or other stores or dealer part only? Thanks in advance.

I'm in the process of getting my heads reworked and intake and stuff cleaned up due to a stuck/sticky pcv. Dealer price is only $17 and well worth it over the $1500 to tear the motor down and get everything cleaned up.

Here is a pic of the unit itself from my '07

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x113/KRYPTO_album/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0853.jpg

when looking at the motor it's located to the right of the turbo inlet with large tube coming up from motor into the plastic 3way that houses the pcv valve itself. from there the electrical plug section goes forward and connects to the medium tube that goes to the inlet tube. The actual pcv valve is screwed into the 3way and goes to the right and connects to the intake manifold next to the TB

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x113/KRYPTO_album/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0851.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x113/KRYPTO_album/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0852.jpg

I plan on doing this shortly as I’m replacing my turbo inlet and removing my TMIC I figured it couldn’t hurt to do as I just purchased the car and it has 122k mi on it and who knows if it was ever done at all. Can someone clarify which is the PCV valve? To simplify the red or the yellow circled in the pic?

2005 GT wagon

Thanks in advance

131e86adc0fac1b0589cc117593dde94.jpg

I think I figured it out after looking a little further. Am I correct that this comes as a unit with the PCV valve and the hoses to remove and replace as a unit? 05-06 looks slightly different from the above picture of it out of the car in hand but almost the same aside from the hoses slightly different

I am about to order parts for my '09 and it shows the just the valve itself, no hoses. I also ordered the turbo inlet along with some popits. I was doing more reading.....what is this blue tee under the intercooler that people replace? Should I do this at the same time?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You want to get the whole assembly and replace it entirely in my experience, not just the valve.

My memory is the valve is less than $5, but it's difficult to remove from the assembly without damaging it, and the assembly is pretty easy to install for around $20 I think.

I replaced mine around 115k miles, just as preventative maintenance though. It didn't change my oil consumption, but I'm only using about 1-1.5qts every 3500 miles. If I recall the valve on mine was pretty sticky when I removed it, but you could still hear a little side to side play in it. If it moves freely side to side in there, it's not an issue.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Yes it comes as an assembly. I also saw just the PCV but figured this would be better with all new hoses and connectors

Subaru part #11815AB790 (for 05-06 GT). $40

01d0d06945a049b992f46d3f72d65c11.jpg

So, can you help a brother out with his '09 lol.....all I see are the various parts, which is how I chose the valve itself. If the entire assembly is the ticket than I will do that. Can I use the same part # as Wooosh?

So, can you help a brother out with his '09 lol.....all I see are the various parts, which is how I chose the valve itself. If the entire assembly is the ticket than I will do that. Can I use the same part # as Wooosh?

I searched for your 09 and from what I’ve found I only saw the replacement PCV within the plastic “tee” piece or the replacement PCV valve only. Couldn’t find it in a unit like I did for mine. Maybe try your local Suby dealer and see how it comes from them if you order it for your car

'07 and up use a different style. I want to replace the whole unit also, but from what I've found so far dealer only sells as individual pieces.

I'm going to replace the large hose coming up from the block and the pcv valve itself. That is if I'm able to free it from the plastic T

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I put my VIN in @ Gillmansubarunorth.com, where I found the cheapest price and the valve is sold separately with all the other pieces. It will cost close to $70 to buy everything and I don't have the banding tool for the factory clamps (not required I know). I think I will take my chances and just go after the valve.

Archived