LegacyGT.com

Exedy Stage 2 clutches for an 05 GT

zmfc

I'm looking to order a clutch kit and RockAuto has an Exedy #15954 listed as fitting my 05 GT. However on the Exedy website, they say the 15954 is not compatible and I need to use 15952 instead and that one also requires an FF502 flywheel as well. Has anyone ordered either of these before? I'd rather not get a new flywheel if I can possibly avoid it because money is tight right now.

• 2 weeks later...

The NA clutches are smaller in diameter, and will have less torque holding capability.

Unless you want to stick with an dual mass flywheel setup, you won't be able to use either of those clutches without changing up flywheels. An OEM single mass (07-09 Legacy GT and similar year WRX) would be compatible with the proper 15952 part number.

Otherwise, just order the OEM replacement for '05-06 and hope that either your stock flywheel is in good usable shape or hope that you can find a machine shop willing to resurface it.

Most people will switch over to single mass flywheel as the clutches are more affordable, and there are more choices.

Archived