LegacyGT.com

GR/GV WRX front sway bar on 05 LGT

Hey guys, wondering if anyone's ever actually confirmed that the 11-14 WRX OE front sway bar fits our cars. OE diameter's the same, but P/Ns appear to be different ( 20401SC100 versus 20401AG03B)

Whiteline lists the same P/Ns for both cars, however, so my inclination is to think that it fits and there was just some minor revision that required a part number roll on Subaru's part.

Had to cut the end links of my wagon yesterday and nicked the bar itself pretty good with the cutoff wheel because I'm sloppy. I'm currently without a front sway bar, but I happen to have the OE bar off of my 13 WRX sitting in Wisconsin, where I'll be mid-next week. Mulling whether it's worth waiting till I get there and install the WRX bar, or whether I should just order a replacement for the LGT. Would be nice to spend the money on a rear instead of a front.

Would appreciate your insight!

Bump! Found some older threads where folks were saying that the 11+ WRX bar won't work on account of the widebody. But, the Whiteline P/Ns are identical...

Either Whiteline is wrong, which I've seen before, or perhaps it uses a different length endlink?

My guess would be that only one sway bar is backwards compatible with the other. Perhaps the Legacy swaybar only fits the Legacy and the WRX can fit on both or vice versa since they are different P/N’s like you said.

It’s worth a shot to try it. Or at least bring your Legacy sway bar when you drive to Wisconsin and compare the size, length, and bends within it.

Scrapped the old bar because of how deep the cut was, so it's currently in the bin at my local rent-a-stall til they reopen after the holiday. It occurs to me that a smart man in my position would have just measured out the mounting point distance at the LCAs on the WRX and LGT to see how they compare. Will do so when I get home and report back. Since the LGT and WRX/STI use the same front endlinks, I assume this means that if the distance is right the bar will likely fit.

Wellp, the LGT measured ~47" flat to flat. Was able to get a straight shot since the splash guard is off the car.

WRX measured about 48" flat to flat, but it did have to make its way under the splash guard that was in place, so the measurement's a bit high. Think it's worth a shot.

Looks like it's about .8125" difference per side at the bar, having measured both side by side. WRX bar is 44.375", LGT bar is 42.75". If I'm thinking about this correctly, combined with the LCA point measurements this means that the end links would be angled outboard on each side, at least the Cusco OE-style links I've got on hand. Maybe something thinner like the Perrin spherical link will work and retain a fairly vertical position.

I think the plan for now is to see how it lines up but probably end up reinstalling the LGT bar and keep an eye on it, it'll get replaced eventually anyways.

Archived