LegacyGT.com

Replacement Stereo Suggestions 2015

Hello,

My wife has a 2015 with the lowest trim package. She has a Sirius XM receiver that she uses hooked in via the 3.5mm input jack. I would like to get her a new stereo that supports XM radio and will still work with the backup camera. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Will any new unit be able to use the existing backup camera?

Thanks!

Correct. Metra sells a complete kit including a faceplate piece for the aftermarket headunit.

If you really want to do it yourself then may I suggest Crutchfield.com

Great company that will provide you everything you need including instructions, wiring harnesses already soldered for you and experts on call to talk you through it all. You pay a little more but you get it all :)

Hello,

My wife has a 2015 with the lowest trim package. She has a Sirius XM receiver that she uses hooked in via the 3.5mm input jack. I would like to get her a new stereo that supports XM radio and will still work with the backup camera. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Will any new unit be able to use the existing backup camera?

Thanks!

I got my wife a Pioneer AVH-2300NEX, which can be had with Sirius XM, for her Forester. It works well with the backup camera and steering wheel controls thanks to iDatalink Maestro add-on. I'd probably get a model with a volume knob if I had it to do over again though.

you can also try the Siecane unit that is a direct fit for 2015 cars here

https://www.seicane.com/touch-screen-2015-subaru-legacy-outback-bluetooth-gps-navigation-system-with-obdii-aux-steering-wheel-control-usb-1080p-mirror-link-3g-wifi-tpms-dvr-bluetooth-rear-camera-s081992f

I have one in my "14 and it works very well. Downside is that when it gets near 0 degrees F it tends to turn off with the car and when you start the car the next morning, the unit starts up as though you just turned it on instead of coming out of sleep. not a big deal..

Archived