LegacyGT.com

Performance OEM SPT/STI Parts that fit 2010-2012 Legacy GT

can you tweak the hangers on the mufflers a bit and raise it up, or maybe get shorter insulators from Kartboy or something like that?

I'm not sure. They are half inch stainless rods and are quite strong. I'd definitely need to remove the exhaust and torch them to do so. The shorter isolators are only a few mm shorter, sland I have a lot more than that to go, although it would be a start.

Nvakeith : did you notice any increased noise or vibrations from using the center hole?

They are half inch stainless rods and are quite strong. I'd definitely need to remove the exhaust and torch them to do so.
They'll be a 300 series stainless, and are pretty bendy - heating will definitely make it easier, but if you are just bringing them down a little bit, you can do that without it. You can hammer them over a form, or use something to give you some leverage - just be careful to not overstress the weld as that's the weak point. (alternatively, drive to your local exhaust shop and I'm sure they'll fix you up for not much $)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
So I got my SPT exhaust installed the other day. The fitment isn't perfect on my car, even though it was pretty good on another 5th genner's car. The tips hang pretty low, and they don't make it quite all the way to the cutouts. It doesn't look horrible, but it doesn't look good.

As for the sound, it is a bit louder than I had hoped. 2000-2500 (or so) rpm is quite loud to me. It does sound good when you get on it, but is louder than I'd like under normal driving. I guess I will be looking into adding a resonator or something.

For the 2008 SPT Performance Exhaust on my 2010 Legacy GT I used a hose clamp on all 4 isolators. The lateral hangers I rotated the isolator 180° and used the middle hole for both the vehicle hanger and muffler hanger. For the mesial hangers I used the upper hole for the vehicle hanger as usual and the middle hole for the muffler hanger.

I traded this exhaust for my Invidia Q300. My wife and I both thought the rumble was way too deep at slow driving speeds and b/w 2000-2500. The SPT exhaust that I traded had a resonator installed upstream closer to the donut flange.

It is literally perfect now.. meaner than stock but not too loud, much more tolerable than the Q300 yet still growls. Great on highways and in parking speeds around town. I really love the SPT logo and keeping it OEM (even though they didn't make a true OEM for our LGT's..)

Oh.. I did have to take a sledge hammer to the spare wheel tub to prevent the passenger exhaust pipe from rubbing as well.

IMG_2636.thumb.jpg.5d23a505f5da66f06cb63bf820ac1aba.jpg

IMG_2654.thumb.jpg.793cc0beb817cb74f167d247cbd7f9b9.jpg

IMG_2658.thumb.jpg.19533b5efa92a31c4cc12e47c6468989.jpg