LegacyGT.com

Breaking up badly, check my logs?

ripstik

Glad it worked out for you. Spark plug changes on a turbo EJ (and FA) can be fun.

Could have certainly been easier if i had about 12 of these

415pSfJnj2L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i have a kobalt swivel socket but the thing lets it bend way to far, like 90 degrees, that ends up making it pretty useless in tight spaces because you really need to support the ratchet from rotating in your hand which is tough in such a tight spot.

Its all about the combo of tools used and the size of your hands.

unfortunately i have chunky Italian sausage hands with pretty short fingers, and a mediocre assortment of tools. so that didn't help much. I always thought they were kinda useless but I need to get myself a 1/4" drive ratchet for these tighter spaces

I have a "little guy" in my left hand. Had a Phillips head screw driver enter from the webbing between the thumb and index finger and come to rest mid palm. Upon removal it made a "rose bud" and I proceeded to shove it back in forcefully. Super glue covered the hole. Now I have a "little guy" that my daughter rolls in her fingers when we hold hands. Its a ball about the size of a marble that you can rotate 300 deg. Its held in place by a thick strand of tissue. No feeling in it. Some day Its gonna have to get cut out.

Been a professional mechanic of some sort (heavy equipment HVAC, bikes, cars) for way longer than I want to admit. You earn scars.

the dealer was the only place that could get it for me by tomorrow. but I'm pissed that i had to pay $115 for it while being told that the parts guy "is literally losing money talking to" me, was told i had to come in to prepay and had to convince him it was possible to to take my credit card number over the phone.... I hate my dealer. Are Subaru dealers this bad everywhere or just in the land of zero competition that is VT.

I love mine, I just e-mail my parts lady and she orders stuff. I can either pay over the phone or pay when I pick it up.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Could have certainly been easier if i had about 12 of these

415pSfJnj2L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i have a kobalt swivel socket but the thing lets it bend way to far, like 90 degrees, that ends up making it pretty useless in tight spaces because you really need to support the ratchet from rotating in your hand which is tough in such a tight spot.

husky-adapters-extenders-h3dfext7-64_1000.jpg

Life saver.

Brought to you by Pfizer

husky-adapters-extenders-h3dfext7-64_1000.jpg

Life saver.

I was looking at different versions of this yesterday and wasn't sure it would have quite enough flex. have you tried one? if its a good help I may go grab one to do the other 3 plugs this weekend, even though #4 is supposedly the hardest

I have one, it's not useful for torquing things down, but it's great for getting them out, and for getting the plug in and threaded. It flexes about 90 degrees. The reason it's not good for torquing down is that you have no idea how much torque is being applied to the bolt, and how much the extension is absorbing.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I have one, it's not useful for torquing things down, but it's great for getting them out, and for getting the plug in and threaded. It flexes about 90 degrees. The reason it's not good for torquing down is that you have no idea how much torque is being applied to the bolt, and how much the extension is absorbing.

Nice, i'll likely grab one from lowes, torquing them in ended up being easy enough because of the lucky length combination of the 3/8"-1/4 adapter and deep well 3/4" socket.

Archived