LegacyGT.com

08 spec b accessport questions

So I have an 08 spec b with 120k miles on it and most maintenance has been done on it. I love the car but it's still on a stock tune and I know it has more potential. The car is mostly stock but has a custom exhaust and that's about it. My buddy has an 05 lgt which has the same ej255 as the spec b minus some various parts in the heads I believe. I'm broke and was basically curious if there was a way i could unmarry his accessport from his car and load in a off the shelf tune for my car, then unmarry it from mine and marry it back to his. If that is possible what tune should I load in? I've heard many go to stage 2 and be happy with it even without intake mods but I'm not sure what all is needed for stage 2. Also the main thing for me is the car is reliable right now and i still want to be able to safely use it as a daily driver and not have to worry about the reliability. That being said I would like some input from you guys who have probably done this stuff many times before. This is my first turbo car so I'm still learning

Short answer is no....once the AP is unmarried you lose the tune/functions.

COBB is not the only tool you can use to reflash your ECU however does require some software/hardware (ie: Tactrix cable,etc...) in order to do so, which is still cheaper than an AP...not very familiar with what is required (I have an AP myself) and I'm sure others no the forum can provide more details/guidance. ;)

No the 05-06 AP is different from a 07-09 AP

Cobb AP at stage 2 with a 3" down pipe will be fine. For better performance, get a custom tune.

The car is safer on the Cobb stage 1 tune than it is on the stock tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When I first went stage 1, back in Dec 2004 when V1 came out. My thought was, this is how the car should have come from the factory.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived