LegacyGT.com

'05 Wagon... alarm issue

For past couple weeks, the security system has been complaining that the rear gate is open, when I arm the system with the key fob, even though the gate is closed. Have to open and shut it to get past this.

Last night the alarm went off at 11:30. Could see no indication of attempted forced entry. I also can't make the alarm go off no matter how hard I rock the car.

Guessing the rear gate lock or sensor is malfunctioning and the security system somehow suddenly got the message that the gate was not latched.

And now today the security system does not complain even if the gate is fully open.

Any insights?

I'm guessing a broken wire. Wagons are known to have issues with the wires that go through the grommet up by both hinges for the hatch.

You can peel the grommet back a take a look.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm guessing a broken wire. Wagons are known to have issues with the wires that go through the grommet up by both hinges for the hatch.

You can peel the grommet back a take a look.

Thanks for the suggestion. Took a look, didn't see any obvious problems, where the wires pass thru the grommets.

Archived