LegacyGT.com

Jet Performance module?

Never seen this before but even if it does work, it doesn't look like it is simply plug and play into the OBD2 port like the AP. Now that the v2 AP is discontinued I would say that it will soon be as cheap or even cheaper than this unit and will still be plug and play with easily downloadable maps and a lot of tuner support.

V2 doesn't have any support anymore. If I ever have a problem with it, Cobb won't help. They are not making anymore patches or updates for it.

You still have tuning support from any Subaru tuner with an AP, which you won't have using this. Another advantage the Cobb has over this is the ability to log parameters. This module says you can only switch between 14 monitoring screens. It looks like more of a universal product and does not even mention boost or knock monitoring.

Cobb won't help you if the v2 craps out but there are no "bugs" that need to be patched since it has been updated many times over the years. Any failures would probably be from old age from the internal pieces wearing out. Before the v2 was discontinued, the best thing about the v3 is the larger screen and better display.

All I want to say is that the AP v2 will be a huge bang for your buck purchase if the prices continue to drop. I don't expect it to swing below $200 but maybe pretty close. If costs are what is most important, open source tuning would be another the way to go.

If your good with a lap top and computer things then open source is the way to go. For those of us that are not, the Cobb AP is a great tool.

I just got my two V3's today. I'll be meeting with my Tuner next week and have him swap them over from the V2's. Then I'll return the V2's. Easy.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There is a V2 in the classified section right now.

Found this on Cobb's site, about buying a used AP.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/362972179/Buying+a+Used+Accessport

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That POS did not work. Notice it is out of stock and unavailable?

Do NOT buy a used V2 AP. There will be NO support from Cobb or pro tuners. There are reasons the V3 was developed and that Cobb is discontinuing support. The V2 was an improvement over the V1 by far. But it was not the best and has plenty of issues. The V3 is more than marginally superior to the V2.

That POS did not work. Notice it is out of stock and unavailable?

Do NOT buy a used V2 AP. There will be NO support from Cobb or pro tuners. There are reasons the V3 was developed and that Cobb is discontinuing support. The V2 was an improvement over the V1 by far. But it was not the best and has plenty of issues. The V3 is more than marginally superior to the V2.

Well like I've stated before on other threads. I don't have a laptop and IDK how to do a tune, not spending $650 on the AP v3. Asking for an alternative that I can do without having a shop rape me in charging for a tune and dyno. There has to be more than one tuner device than the AP that does close to the same thing without the ridiculous price tag.

Well like I've stated before on other threads. I don't have a laptop and IDK how to do a tune, not spending $650 on the AP v3. Asking for an alternative that I can do without having a shop rape me in charging for a tune and dyno. There has to be more than one tuner device than the AP that does close to the same thing without the ridiculous price tag.

There is no alternative product. This is what brought value to Cobb as a company. No competition.

Archived