LegacyGT.com

Water leak inside cabin

2015 legacy 3.6 limited Anyone experiencing a water leak. It rained in NY Saturday and today(Monday) got in car radio wasn't working noticing water on weather mat on front but in the back looked like 2 gallons of water so my amp fried it's not waterproof since it was submerged in water and it wasn't raining that much today I didn't notice anything crazy this morning when I got in at 5 a.m. my backpack even fell In front footwell no major water wtf smh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was this on the passenger or driver’s side?

I had a similar issue and the drains for the sunroof were clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passenger most was in rear but it was so much water was sloshing front to back

check the drains for the sunroof, should be one in each corner
[emoji2962][emoji2962]didn't even know I had those what corners I know the car but lost as to where they might be since it was mentioned I've been opening sunroof sticking my hands all over

[emoji2962][emoji2962]didn't even know I had those what corners I know the car but lost as to where they might be since it was mentioned I've been opening sunroof sticking my hands all over

Don’t do that you as may damage the track for the sunroof.

Just go to a dealer or call them on the phone and ask them how to handle that. They may ask you to come in and fix it for free.

the best way is to go under the car and you will find 4 tubes sticking out of the body one each corner near the firewall and rear doors. use a shop vac to suck them out

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/auto-parts/2015/subaru/legacy/2-5i-trim/2-5l-h4-gas-engine/body-cat/sunroof-scat

the best way is to go under the car and you will find 4 tubes sticking out of the body one each corner near the firewall and rear doors. use a shop vac to suck them out

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/auto-parts/2015/subaru/legacy/2-5i-trim/2-5l-h4-gas-engine/body-cat/sunroof-scat

I just tried to find these and located the front 2. Always thought they was some kind of drain up there for emergency; but didn't think it was normal for water to leak through the rubber seal when the sun roof was closed.

Never had a problem with any of my cars in the past, so its kinda strange to hear. But a quick google search pulls up quiet a few results, so I guess its common.

Don’t do that you as may damage the track for the sunroof.

Just go to a dealer or call them on the phone and ask them how to handle that. They may ask you to come in and fix it for free.

I was delicate in my reach but definitely will have to go to dealership since amp doesn't work cause it got submerged in water

Archived