LegacyGT.com

Options for Tightening Up Front End Geometry?

JoelH.

2014 O.B. 3.6R

So, I plan on fresh tires and alignment soon, and I want to tighten up the steering geometry on the front, to go along with the adjustable pillow-ball festooned pieces I installed in the rear last month.

I've searched here and on the Legacy forum, looking at Poly and Caster-Correcting poly LCA bushings, (also looked into aluminum LCA as a desirable upgrade to go along), but it seems like the best proven option that doesn't destroy NVH, (and also for ease of installing), is to go with a set of Mevotech LCAs with the hardened rubber bushings.

However, before I spring for a set of those, I just want to run this by the forum one more time to exhaust all options.

Also, if anyone who have gone this route can comment on before and after feel with the Mevotech "hardened" bushings?

Thanks,

Joel H.

I used the mevotech arms with the solid rubber bushings.

they were a big improvement over stock with no increase in NVH that I could notice over the exhaust.

they lasted a year before the rubber was mush. now I have whiteline bushings pressed into the same arms. the whiteline bushings are definitely firmer than the mevotech rubber ones.

I used the mevotech arms with the solid rubber bushings.

they were a big improvement over stock with no increase in NVH that I could notice over the exhaust.

they lasted a year before the rubber was mush. now I have whiteline bushings pressed into the same arms. the whiteline bushings are definitely firmer than the mevotech rubber ones.

Mush after only 1yr?

That doesn't sound good. Seems like this design rear bushing is hard on anything used there, including stock rubber!

I might go for them anyway and get the year out of them, that way I have an extra set of arms to press the WhiteLines into at my leisure when I upgrade them again.

Thanks for the report,

Joel H.

Archived