LegacyGT.com

225/60r17 on Legacy 2016

Tr00b

Did some searching, only came up with stuff on other models.

The size is pretty close on these from 225 60 and stock 225 55. Have a set of snow tires I can get very reasonable. I would like to swap, but the 60s look way bigger set side by side.

I've towed the line and run sets of tires that rubbed and I'm not really interested in that, the speedo difference is negligible to me. Anybody try this? Thanks for your time.

The rolling diameter is almost an inch larger with the 60 series sidewall compared to the stock 55 series so they will definitely be bigger. If you're on stock suspension you should really run into any rubbing issues. You're not changing the width of the tire so as long as you use the factory wheels or wheels with similar fitment, you might be okay. I would check to see how much clearance you have with the 55 series tires in terms of distance of any suspension component vertical of the tire as that could possibly be an issue

Good point, usually the strut towers get pretty close to the tire if you go bigger. The last config I had that rubbed had more backspace and worn rear suspension so it got out into the rear fenders. Pretty sure I can do some measurements 1/2-3/4" any direction from the tires that are on there to get an idea where problem points will be...

The only thing I don't like is I had trouble with the fenders filling with snow/ice and the car bottoming out on that. In one aspect, if the layer of ice is thinner it's more likely to break out. If the tires are bigger it might do it more often.

• 5 weeks later...
Good point, usually the strut towers get pretty close to the tire if you go bigger. The last config I had that rubbed had more backspace and worn rear suspension so it got out into the rear fenders. Pretty sure I can do some measurements 1/2-3/4" any direction from the tires that are on there to get an idea where problem points will be...

The only thing I don't like is I had trouble with the fenders filling with snow/ice and the car bottoming out on that. In one aspect, if the layer of ice is thinner it's more likely to break out. If the tires are bigger it might do it more often.

Did you buy them?

Archived