LegacyGT.com

P0171 due to exhaust leak

I did a little searching at on one side the code did pop up for the leak but before I go buying a new uppipe it's a leak in the up pipe/manifold area it's just a little hard to pinpoint.

Anyways does anyone know (if I need to get it) if this up pipe will fit?

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/turbo-uppipes/inv-hs06sw1upp-invidia-uppipe-no-egt-bung

the one I have has the EGT bung which I ended up just plugging with a bolt since it's not installed anymore.

It will fit. The only reason the Legacy GT is not listed on that compatibility list is because our cars have a catted up-pipe with a sensor there by default. I have the Invidia pipe with the bung installed on mine, it’s the same thing just $1 more it looks like.

I would recommend an up pipe with the flex joint in it (Grimmspeed, STi take off) as you'll have a lot less grief in the long run with fitment. The solid pipes have some fitment issues at the manifold to up pipe joint with leaking.

I’ve actually heard of a lot of problems with flex joints wearing easily but that could just be bad luck or due to the weather conditions people drive in. The Invidia pipe fit like a glove for me and my VF52. I would probably only recommend a flex joint if you are running a larger turbo or aftermarket headers but that’s just me.

I also wrapped my up pipe with DEI wrap and silicone spray and have had no problems after ~40k miles.

I’ve actually heard of a lot of problems with flex joints wearing easily but that could just be bad luck or due to the weather conditions people drive in. The Invidia pipe fit like a glove for me and my VF52. I would probably only recommend a flex joint if you are running a larger turbo or aftermarket headers but that’s just me.

I also wrapped my up pipe with DEI wrap and silicone spray and have had no problems after ~40k miles.

This my first was a flex joint seemed to rust from the inside out and fell apart when I took it off

I agree I like the solid Invidia up pipe, fit is great. I just replaced mine a month ago after 8 years.

I think you know to leave all the bolts loose until they are are started.

The impact gun and some Aero-Kroil the old bolt plug came right out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would recommend an up pipe with the flex joint in it (Grimmspeed, STi take off) as you'll have a lot less grief in the long run with fitment. The solid pipes have some fitment issues at the manifold to up pipe joint with leaking.

Totes magotes. Can't go wrong with an STi. The Invidia is a POS.

I agree I like the solid Invidia up pipe, fit is great. I just replaced mine a month ago after 8 years.

Dude, that POS broke on you TWICE! You had it welded it back together the first time, remember? Why do you keep deluding yourself it's not garbage?

Invidia up-pipes leak. Invidia up-pipes break. Why do people keep buying them?

Dude, that POS broke on you TWICE! You had it welded it back together the first time, remember? Why do you keep deluding yourself it's not garbage?

Invidia up-pipes leak. Invidia up-pipes break. Why do people keep buying them?

;) right I was typing that on my phone and then remembered the weld repair two years ago.

It does fit well.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Archived