LegacyGT.com

2014 H7 low beam retaining clip with led bulb

soares

Just ordered some morimoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDs for fogs, low beams and high beams. Tried doing some research but nothing really answered my question.

Are any of you guys running LEDs for the low beams? How did you manage to get the retaining clip for H7 bulbs to lock in place around the bigger base of the LED bulb?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Incase anyone is wondering. The retaining clips DO swing around the base of the H7 LED and lock in place for the low beams. I had to remove snorkel and slide battery over to get more room. The 9005 high beams and h11 fog lights are just twist lock. I’ll post some night time shots for anyone who cares :lol:

Interested in night shots/ review!

I’ll take some pictures tonight when I get off work. Install was plug & play for hi/low beams and fog lights. Much brighter than oem bulbs, plus the 6000k color temp is nice also. $398 for everything from lightwerkz.net. Anti flicker module is needed if you want to run your DRL’s without that annoying flicker. Or you could disconnect relay for DRL’s and skip the anti flicker module.

• 4 weeks later...
Interested in night shots/ review!

Judelikesbikes,

Don’t mean to hijack the thread in any way and have heard good things about Morimoto but I would highly recommend Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Headlights. I purchased low and high beam LED’s for $298 and were plug and play with my 2015 Legacy (oem halogens). Brightness is insane and having the LED high beams running at full brightness during the day is great for visibility. I have been looking into unplugging the DRL just out of curiosity but have yet to come across solid instructions to do that.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judelikesbikes,

Don’t mean to hijack the thread in any way and have heard good things about Morimoto but I would highly recommend Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Headlights. I purchased low and high beam LED’s for $298 and were plug and play with my 2015 Legacy (oem halogens). Brightness is insane and having the LED high beams running at full brightness during the day is great for visibility. I have been looking into unplugging the DRL just out of curiosity but have yet to come across solid instructions to do that.

Regards

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-15-drl-disable-229147.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soares,

Funny you linked that as I was trying to do this for most of the morning using that same link. Unfortunately, the engine bay is so crowded that I was unable to get my hands where they need to be in order to unplug the specified connector. I’m determined to make it happen without removing the bumper and may try taking the battery out of its spot to give more room for my arm. Thanks for the link!

Best

Archived