LegacyGT.com

Sport Mode

I have a question about changing into "Sport Mode" (or S#) if you have it.

Is it possible/preferred/advisable to change into either of these modes whilst driving in "manual mode"? Or does it make no difference if you are driving in "D" or "M" ??

BTW, I have read the manual (several times) for an answer and I've either missed it, or there is no definitive answer there to my question. ;)

I have a question about changing into "Sport Mode" (or S#) if you have it.

Is it possible/preferred/advisable to change into either of these modes whilst driving in "manual mode"? Or does it make no difference if you are driving in "D" or "M" ??

There is no "Sport Mode" provided in North American G6 Legacys, but it wouldn't make a difference anyway. All "Sport Mode" does is to command the CVT controller (i.e. TCU) to use alternate mapping(s) of power demand vs. engine rpm. When you use the paddles (in D or M mode), the TCU relinquishes control of the mapping and you assume full authority ... except for high/low engine rpm limits, which the TCU still enforces.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

There is no "Sport Mode" provided in North American G6 Legacys, but it wouldn't make a difference anyway. All "Sport Mode" does is to command the CVT controller (i.e. TCU) to use alternate mapping(s) of power demand vs. engine rpm. When you use the paddles (in D or M mode), the TCU relinquishes control of the mapping and you assume full authority ... except for high/low engine rpm limits, which the TCU still enforces.

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise that you guys had no sport mode. I thought you had "S" but not the "S#"

Archived