LegacyGT.com

05 LGT question on STI turbo swap parts

what is the least amount of parts to run it with reliability

while reading 10 to 20 post of pissing contest of my engine is fine and mine blew im sure some of you are running this this set up right now for thousands of miles and still going

I just want a lil extra turbo kick without having to mod the whole car. recently had rear main seal done, water pump, new oil pan (no more quick lube places), new spark plugs. is a 5spd auto with about 170k original turbo

currently i have AEM dry drop in filter, Ceramic Catless up pipe, and will go with magnaflow catback system, i don't want to do the down pipe as i live in Colorado and it wont pass emissions and dont want to swap for a day or have highflow cat blow outs.

this is my DD beater as i do have a track car so i rather not constantly have the dd needing work, but at the same time i feel like the car is slower then it should be, yes altitude is not helping me at all

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Putting on a bigger turbo with the stock downpipe will gain you nothing. Dave can give you a great stage 1 tune that will optimize your performance with the stock DP, but the downpipe is SO worth the effort. Swapping it out for emissions is quick & easy, but that's pretty much a moot point, cause I pass the roadside emission tests with Dave's stage 2 tune. So no need to go to the emissions station.

My wagon has a vf39, ELH, EBCS, and water methanol injection because Alaska's 90 octane gas sucks. I also have an eBay down pipe I got for $200 including shipping. Got a tune and she's great fun. Fast, but not STI fast. But fast enough.

100% worth it. I am at sea level though. Which helps.

Archived