LegacyGT.com

Power Potential

I’ve got a question.

I drive a 2006 Legacy GT and it is all stock besides a catback.

I’m thinking about doing a few upgrades and am wondering what kind of power I’ll be able to make (basically, I want to know if the upgrades will be worth it)

I would buy a:

- cold air intake

- catted downpipe

- 1000cc fuel injectors

- high flow fuel pump

- a tune

I’ve been told I’ll be able to make 260 WHP after all of that.

Is that true? Or just BS? Any help would be appreciated.

No need for injectors with the stock turbo. Rest looks like a solid “stage 2” car. Should net 260-275whp on a manual car, auto around 260. That’s with a custom tune at say 18-19psi and if your motor is healthy.

Factory intake is a CAI and already flows more air than the stock set up needs, little to gain but noise. Will require a tune.

No need for injectors unless lots more mods are done first.

Catted downpipe will require a tune.

Recommend a catless uppipe, if the factory cat goes south it'll take the turbo with it.

Factory intake is a CAI and already flows more air than the stock set up needs, little to gain but noise. Will require a tune.

No need for injectors unless lots more mods are done first.

Catted downpipe will require a tune.

Recommend a catless uppipe, if the factory cat goes south it'll take the turbo with it.

This exactly. But the need for a catless uppipe needs to be stressed. That should be your top priority. A fragged UP cat will destroy not just the turbo but also the engine.

Keep the stock intake you don’t need an aftermarket one for these power levels. Definitely a new up pipe as your Oem catted one is at risk of falling apart internally and blowing the motor. Don’t need 1000cc injectors either. Assuming the motor is healthy, just take it down to Cobb Tuning in Tigard and have them install a new UP new down pipe and buy an AccessPort, you will get half off a tune if it’s purchased from them ($200 for the tune). Should get you somewhere in the range of 260whp ‘ish.

^ X2

That's how these cars should have come from the factory. you'll have a reliable DD. For more fun install a VF52 before your turbo go's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived