LegacyGT.com

Headlight not level

I can’t figure out why the drivers side won’t sit leave with the bumper.. I’m thinking the part were it screws in at the top is bent upwards?98be5f11f26d058beb4546195d5c0735.jpg

I know the bumper is not really sitting correct as well (how to get the side tabs to stay in?) lifting it into place still has a large gap

You'll need to drop the bumper skin off to check the bolts along the bottom edge of the lamp assembly. There are three or four of them if I recall correctly and they screw into a plastic piece under the bottom. Maybe that plastic piece is broken or something. Bumper skin is fairly easy to do once you know where all the snap clips are. The obvious ones on the bottom and top by the grill and there is one on each side just tucked under the fender liner where the plastic bumper meets the metal fender.

Is there any wiggle play with the headlight? If it lines up properly and snug against the fender and with the hood closed, the culprit is the alignment of the bumper itself. With a front mount, it is damn near impossible to get that bumper back on without trimming it.

Is there any wiggle play with the headlight? If it lines up properly and snug against the fender and with the hood closed, the culprit is the alignment of the bumper itself. With a front mount, it is damn near impossible to get that bumper back on without trimming it.

no room to move the headlight it's already bolted down.

Archived