LegacyGT.com

Door handle LEDs

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the blue LED bulbs in the door arm rest grab handle on a 2015 Legacy? The lighting in my car is very dim (yes, I’ve tried turning the brightness up on the dimmer knob) whereas the blue light in my friends ‘18 outback is much brighter. I like the way it looks, just super dim on my car is all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the blue LED bulbs in the door arm rest grab handle on a 2015 Legacy? The lighting in my car is very dim (yes, I’ve tried turning the brightness up on the dimmer knob) whereas the blue light in my friends ‘18 outback is much brighter. I like the way it looks, just super dim on my car is all.

Wow! I'd never thought someone would say the lighting inside the car is dim... I have mine turned all the down..

As for your question, I don't think it will be an easy swap. I think it will be an LED on a board (similar to the type that lights up the shift position by the shift lever).

The door panel is pretty easy to take out if you want to take a peek. But before that, I'd try to clean the area with rubbing alcohol in case its just some grime covering up the little notch.

Thanks, tornichoe! I’ll give that a go and see if it’s just dirty. Dash lights are crazy bright, it’s just the door handle ones that aren’t (the blue ones). Also, does the door lock/unlock button on your passenger front door light up like the one on the driver door? If you can’t tell, I’m all about symmetry lol.

... does the door lock/unlock button on your passenger front door light up like the one on the driver door?

No. It's another Subaru quirk.

FWIW, the blue lights in the door pockets are supposed to be dim ... so as not to adversely affect your dark-adapted vision at night.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived