LegacyGT.com

Sti exhaust on lgt?

Hey guys. I’m looking for a catback for my car because it’s wayyyy to quiet rn lol. I’ve been looking on Craigslist and Facebook because I’m short on funds (high school student). I found a invidia n1 catback for a 2011 sti sedan. Will it fit without MAJOR modification? By major I mean bending pipes or adding pipes. If I end up not buying this exhaust, will other exhausts from different subies fit? If so , please let me know which ones are compatible. Thanks!

Don't think anything like that will fit without decent modifications.

Buy an eBay exhaust, there are $350 options shipped that look ok.

What about an exhaust from 2002-2007 wrx/stis. I heard they fit but I just wanna confirm

As far as I know and like @BoozeRS05 mentioned, there isn't really a compatible system between other Subarus. A cheaper route for more sound is to go to your local exhaust shop and do a rear muffler delete although I'm not too sure how loud you would want it. Although if you're a broke high school student, I would be saving up for a new motor fund because that's the reality with the Legacy GT.

What about an exhaust from 2002-2007 wrx/stis. I heard they fit but I just wanna confirm

‘08-14 WRX sedans are a closer match, but they don’t ”fit”. They are kind of the right shape, but You have to rework all the exhaust hangers and extend the mid pipe.

$350 eBay exhaust or muffler delete are much better options.

02-07 are single exit... as utc_pryo mentioned, 08-14 wrx is closer. I've tried some '14 and '15 WRX/STi axlebacks. It wasn't worth it.

If you want to keep your midpipe, you can also rework exhaust hangers and have the axleback flanges cut and re-welded on at a 90 degree rotation. If you have a wagon, you'll need to extend the tips 4". And after all that, you'll still have a fairly quiet, but now buzzy/droning exhaust that will likely drive you nuts... Don't ask how I know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived