LegacyGT.com

Turbo off center of inlet

I'm in the process of putting in a avo inlet. I had it all back together even with the turbo sitting the way it currently is. But after a few weeks I noticed the passenger side of the inlet started slipping off the turbo. If I tightened it it eventually came off again. So I figured I'd try a stronger clamp, so I'm in the process of putting the new clamp on ( constant tension). Has any one ever had this problem with the turbo sitting so off center before? If so how do you get it back to normal. It's a bnr18g turbo BTW. Tia 48529a4115d5cc37a4429f962aa7f073.jpg19ee4f08c3dcc0b047191dd8564c3d9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have you sent that photo to Brian at BNR ?

Can you feel if the wheel has play ?

I haven't sent it to him. I actually bought it a few years ago and had a different inlet on but I had problems with that one staying on too. I'll send him an email and see what he says.

The wheel has no play side to side or front to back.

So I emailed Bryan and this was his response: A few years ago we revised the turbine housing to reposition the turbo away from the intake manifold. * You must have the older universal exhaust housing. * Can you talk me what the number is on the exhaust housing?

I emailed him back but I couldn't find a number on the housing. Can someone take a pic of where it should be? I'm guessing I have the old style since I'm having the issues with it lining up.

I'm confused. What was wrong with the way everyone else does this set up? My VF52 fits fine.

You may just want to get a OEM turbo inlet, it should have enough flex in it...to stay on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived