LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Alright! To close the book (hopefully) on my oil issue, I installed the IAG AVCS/Turbo oil feed lines, and it seems to have fixed the leak. But there was so much oil all over the bottom of the car that it will probably take a good little while for it all to burn off. The leak was on the passenger side, but even the driver's side muffler is coated in oil. I think there's oil pooled in the header heat shields too. It's an absolute mess.

And it's hard to diagnose while the whole motor is all wet, but it looks like I might need to change the PS o-ring too. I'll be ordering that this week. This car...

It bothers me too, but I thought Dead.Mr's cut and welded was the only way to fix. LGT Sedans don't also do this? Or do it much less?

My hope was, I am not that much lower than a normal legacy. If I switch to their part maybe it will center the wheel.

Of course it might be removing all the rear subframe spacers that would do that. But, trying to think through / figure out what else in the Legacy could effect it.

The OB is still running rough at stop lights. Decided to drive to work today with the AP connected to monitor AF learning and correction. Pretty sure it’s a vacuum leak. /s Yay for hunting for vacuum leaks in my driveway in freezing weather... ::spin::

The rear wheel brothers me too. I think the legacy would do the same if you drop it 3+"

I've been eyeballing a b8.5 A4 locally. 6speed, sports package. A part of me wants something more lux. OBXT seats aren't comfy anymore or I'm getting older.

If I do pull the trigger though the OB will be kept and moved to utilitarian duty. May raise it up some

LGT.com Hivemind. Is $375.00 a fair price for a SpecB rear suspension minus hubs, brakes, Bilsteins and springs? Basically both trailing arms, all four toe arms, both upper arms, and the lateral braces?

LGT.com Hivemind. Is $375.00 a fair price for a SpecB rear suspension minus hubs, brakes, Bilsteins and springs? Basically both trailing arms, all four toe arms, both upper arms, and the lateral braces?

Yes, you’ll see SpecB trailing arms sell for more than that on their own. It’s also a great opportunity to install all of the corresponding Whiteline bushings.

https://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=SUBARU&model=OUTBACK&model_final=OUTBACK+BP+INCL+TURBO&vehicle=9%2F2003-8%2F2009

Very easily the answer could be not a lot. You might just need a new clamp and tube.

Or because it's a Subaru - very worried :D.

For sure, warrants more investigation (i.e. how are you coolant levels, does it pour out when driving, when you start the car, how quick is the leak, is it a seep, etc etc)

Very easily the answer could be not a lot. You might just need a new clamp and tube.

Or because it's a Subaru - very worried :D.

For sure, warrants more investigation (i.e. how are you coolant levels, does it pour out when driving, when you start the car, how quick is the leak, is it a seep, etc etc)

After a long drive today I smelled the tiniest hint of burnt coolant under the hood, but not in the exhaust (thank god.) Which led me to peek around under there.

Coolant levels are good, so it must be a very slow seep. I haven't actually seen any active leaking or puddles yet. I'll look into a new hose. I think this is the right one 14447AA150...?

I have the same issue, but maybe in my case it is not sipping as much. I've just been keeping an eye on it. I also have another annoying similar leak from the upper rad hose where it meets with the block. Been leaking a bit for a while there. I don't like these leaks because it accelerates corrosion.

Yeah. I suggested in his build thread the BTS kit. He is thinking Ohlin though.

I was also thinking: You should definitely do a one take with your car. Come on man!

I was thinking the same thing every time a weakness was pointed out, like the suspension and transmission.

After a long drive today I smelled the tiniest hint of burnt coolant under the hood, but not in the exhaust (thank god.) Which led me to peek around under there.

Coolant levels are good, so it must be a very slow seep. I haven't actually seen any active leaking or puddles yet. I'll look into a new hose. I think this is the right one 14447AA150...?

And a new clamp. Those clamps get loose. I've had to replace two of them that I tried to re-use.

Free Etune Giveaway?.........Happy holidays and please share your pay it forward ideas here -

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/free-e-tune-givaway-happy-holidays-277016.html?p=5858445#post5858445

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Sad to see it go. But, I after two engine rebuilds already....I really understand. That 6mt swap is literally perfect and a pretty damn good price. If only I hadn't spent all my fun money and you know I wasn't in Ca.

If there are enough buyers in CA, I’ll deliver in March. Even if it’s just the tranny.

Sad to see it go. But, I after two engine rebuilds already....I really understand. That 6mt swap is literally perfect and a pretty damn good price. If only I hadn't spent all my fun money and you know I wasn't in Ca.

Your comment has eased my letting go a lot. Thanks for sharing it.