LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Nice shine. Is this your version of a winter setup? No steelies?

I'm loving the monochrome paint schemes with the satin black running board detail.

My car is the two tone brilliant silver with the darker silver on the plastic.

Yeah, it's a love/hate relationship owning dark colored cars. They have this depth of gloss when clean, but gets so dirty so friggin fast.

The two-tone grey/dark grey was a color scheme that I was looking for as well, not sure if that's the one you have.

Oh and this was my winter setup, was on Bilstein BTS and spacers that bigleben took off me. Gonna stay low this year tho :rolleyes:

LNrPGiZ.jpg?1

Edited by jkaic

Just finished up the GS AOS install. Video and instructions are helpful. One item I needed to adjust to is the location of the Oil fill tube. It's in front of the aircon loop line as opposed to behind on the 06 probably same on the 05. Rotated it to the drivers side for less interference with the air con loop line. Used all of the .5" hose to get all the connections back to the AOS. Placed the T under the TM just past the cobra pipe.

Put 6 oz of oil in since last change. Well see how that goes now.

This will probably be it for me, other than normal maintenance, for a while till I get another smog check.

TM, BOV and AOS will have to go back to stock to pass visual.

Due I believe in April if I remember correctly, so not many months to wait.

Then it's full blown race car/monster truck mode for a couple years with DP and 3 port ECBS. After another dyno session and tune of course.

Edited by kzr750r1

Picked up the car from my shop a few days ago. They installed the 1050cc injectors, swapped out my FPR for an STI version, put a better clamp on my turbo oil return line, and did a smoke test.

Today I installed the 3" mid and 2.5" y that my cheap exhaust system came with. I've never installed it before bc I was missing some gaskets and I knew from other's reports that it's stupid loud. But I wanted to install it for the upcoming dyno tune. It is stupid loud.

45570333422_15ae1354bb_z.jpg

Also installed a Kartboy short shift kit, bushing and a giant red shift knob (Thank xtea!!)

31752353488_854184c591_z.jpg

Edited by Flinkly
acronym fix for clarity

Keep drooling over the Nameless catback with 5" mufflers for the OBXT. My wallet is saying no still. No leaking on the stock setup yet to justify.

Just wait to find a set of AVO mufflers. I have those and I think they sound great. Nice low/bass tone to it at idle, and not loud at all with the oem midpipe.

No more fun parts for the OBXT?

Nope, finally took the time to put the headshield over the downpipe and replace the grimmspeed intake with the factory one. I'm picking up a gx470 to take over outback/offroading duties and a friend of mine is going to take the outback. He isn't interested too much in that stuff.

Just wait to find a set of AVO mufflers. I have those and I think they sound great. Nice low/bass tone to it at idle, and not loud at all with the oem midpipe.

I happen to have one sitting on some shelves I'll be letting go pretty cheap. Sedan v1 though so it will be tucked. Too bad you shipping it to you might kill it.

Keep drooling over the Nameless catback with 5" mufflers for the OBXT. My wallet is saying no still. No leaking on the stock setup yet to justify.

Do some reading about the Nameless. Even in 5" mufflers people say they are loud and not much more quiet than deletes. Maybe they are okay with stock downpipe and mid and Y, but if you've upgraded any of those, make sure you have your expectations lined up for the parts you want to run with them.

Yeah. I also forgot to mention that my exhaust set up (on the 05) is:

stock header

sti catless up

invidia high-flow dp

stock midpipe

avo cans

She is pretty quiet with a nice bassy note at idle. It keeps reminding me of a stock STI, maybe a tad louder.

My other car (06) has a similar set up except that the midpipe and mufflers are Stromung. She is loud but I don't care :lol:

Disabled the DRLs and decided to keep the pan under the dash off. Subaru must have designed the car for people with small feet because I was always wedging my foot between the pan and the floor when hitting the brake.

Picked up some new HW to see if I want to stud mount the primitive belly pan. Have an ok from my buddy to go to his shop and weld the front mounting nuts and a washer to the cross member mount points.

Hoping the mounting nut will not pull itself free after, sheet metal is pretty boogered.

If it the pan takes a hit right now I'm sure to loose a mounting point. Fender washer attached to the sheet metal will give the pan riser pipes something to rest on as opposed to sucking the nut and sheet metal into the riser pipe.

Well see how my welding upside down skills are. Shouldn't be bad as it's just going to be a few spot weld hits to get this done.

Edit: Not pretty but it's stuck.

IMG_2571.jpg.120a54811f71703de1b768b4de6851bb.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg.69e46eedea9b65ff16187f25cfd33a63.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg.9b155bb088803e319fc557de9f7f76e2.jpg

Edited by kzr750r1

Used a 10M fender washer, 8M flair nut and 8M threaded rod. Hammered the mount bolts back into the sheet metal and cleared the paint with a grinder/wire wheel.

The 10M washer was enough to capture the mount bolt behind and give the pan riser a place to park to when reefed down. I'll be looking for some actual threaded studs in the future. This will do for now.

The before.

IMG_2559.jpg.123dbf5489ff3a453f21db033dff2833.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg.47606f0f6388b2c5f44a328e133800cb.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg.17108e6d28ed0dcd3816cac51c7a11e5.jpg

On a different note, just did a 'short' road trip of 800 miles total this weekend :spin:

Took my family and met some friends to ride the 'Virginia Creeper Trail'. Three bikes on the roof next to the 16 ct ft Skybox. Fridge, portable shower, and food in the trunk.

14 mpg one way (70-80 mph avg speed). On the way back, purposely drove ~62 mph on cruise --> 19.8 mpg. That's a pretty good figure given the fact that I am a bit lifted, also using slightly knobby tires and with all that crap on the roof!

Here you go. This was from our recent 5.5K mile trip. Here, I also have an awning and a 'stowaway' box on a hitch in the back. yeah, crazy... I have been meaning to create a thread describing that epic road trip, but been too busy :(.

Edit: the Yakima equipment I have on here are the Jetstream bars (the longest ones they have) and Timberline Towers. Not cheap... But good stuff.

attachment.php?attachmentid=269681&d=1539182179

attachment.php?attachmentid=269682&d=1539182179

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Wow. I hear Redbull gives you wings.

Now you have me thinking I can go wider and put an awning on with the XL 80" Core Bars.

Already have a 50" and 60" set if I remember correctly.

Love those bike mounts. So nice not having to take the bike apart.

Yeah man. I can't believe we did this with all of that stuff. I even went and did some light offroad with all of this mess in Colorado and Utah :lol:

It was fun man camping in BLM, Moab, and Colorado at almost 12000 feet!!

And yeah, I even put the largest ARB awning they sell. It was not light either. But I have to say that having the Bilstein BTS kit installed helped a lot with handling. Car was handling really well on the road and even offroad. So pleased with it and glad I lifted her an additional inch too.

Regarding bike mounts, I used my good old Yakima King Cobra and bought a used Yakima front Loader. Now, I had to buy a two-step folding ladder so I can put the bikes on the racks (especially the one closest to the box). Impossible without it at least with my height.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

On a different note, this is what I am going to do next on the car: JDM facelift front end swap. WRX USA knows about it already, but letting you all know too :).

I have already adjusted the JDM headlights so their beam pattern will work with us driving on the right handside of the road. Time to put that stuff on and do the wiring. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=269770&d=1539480053