LegacyGT.com

Key fob programming

Does anyone know if there is a way to link the key fob to the memory seats on a 2015 Legacy with keyless start (push button)? In other words, if my seat gets moved by someone and I unlock my car with my remote, can the seat be programmed to return to its last saved memory position automatically upon unlocking the doors, or is the only way to get in the car and press the button? I found this feature very convenient in my former vehicle due to the fact of having a “vertically challenged”, as she puts it, girlfriend...

thanks!

The 2016 does not have this function. I asked as well. (My 2009 BMW did).

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

My 2015 Limited with keyless entry does this. The settings get programmed to each remote. So if you have two drivers, save the settings to each remote. Once the second person opens the door, the seat will move to saved positions associated with that remote.

Does anyone know if there is a way to link the key fob to the memory seats on a 2015 Legacy with keyless start (push button)? In other words, if my seat gets moved by someone and I unlock my car with my remote, can the seat be programmed to return to its last saved memory position automatically upon unlocking the doors, or is the only way to get in the car and press the button? I found this feature very convenient in my former vehicle due to the fact of having a “vertically challenged”, as she puts it, girlfriend...

thanks!

The procedure is documented in the manual. Don't remember what it is, but I know its there.

It only works if the car was locked and you are unlocking it with the programmed fob. It will go back to the memory position saved for the key fob. If you didn't lock the car, it won't change the seat position.

This is independent of the positions you have saved for the two buttons. If you have both fobs programmed to different positions for each driver, it will go to the the position saved for the fob that unlocked the car.

It should work (does on my 2018). Set your seating position, press and hold Set and 1 (or 2). With your car off, grab the fob that you use daily. At the same time, Press and Hold SET, 1 and your Subaru logo on your Fob, wait for beep and lights to flash, and you're done.

thanks!

Yes. Read the Manual. I set it on mine in 2014 and it has worked since. I love watching my seat move back into position when I unlock the car.

Rob, whilst I enjoy your enthusiastic posts .... I think perhaps you might need a hobby :)

Heh … while I just upgraded the wife's 2009 Outback 2.5 SE to a very nice 2018 Outback Premium, my 2015 Legacy 3.6R still has just so many much nicer things … bigger engine … keyless entry and start … HID lights … Leather … Sunroof … memory seating … it's the little things in life that entertain me!

(although I do have a case of 'Infotainment Center Envy' with her bigger touch screen)

• 4 months later...

Archived