LegacyGT.com

Key codes

So im in a bit of a spot. I bought a 09 key fob for my 05 wagon, following covertrussians walkthrough. I get the key and immobilizer Codes for my car from the local subaru dealer. I had a blank cut and the key cut looked different.

Go back to subaru to double check the codes. They tell me it all matches up, and they suspect my lock and ingnition cylinders have been swapped(if a car is stolen and it gets fixed at a dealership they replace every single cylinder), but on my vehicle histoy report it never said the car was previously stolen. And the key machine where I work wont trace my current key.

I was talking to my foreman and he told me on older cars(toyotas specifically) the drivers door lock cylinder can have the key code on it. Assuming they can't trace one of my valet keys, My question is before i go and yank out the lock cylinder to check, does anyone on here know that for sure?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So im in a bit of a spot. I bought a 09 key fob for my 05 wagon, following covertrussians walkthrough. I get the key and immobilizer Codes for my car from the local subaru dealer. I had a blank cut and the key cut looked different.

Go back to subaru to double check the codes. They tell me it all matches up, and they suspect my lock and ingnition cylinders have been swapped(if a car is stolen and it gets fixed at a dealership they replace every single cylinder), but on my vehicle histoy report it never said the car was previously stolen. And the key machine where I work wont trace my current key.

I was talking to my foreman and he told me on older cars(toyotas specifically) the drivers door lock cylinder can have the key code on it. Assuming they can't trace one of my valet keys, My question is before i go and yank out the lock cylinder to check, does anyone on here know that for sure?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Toyotas also have codes on the glovebox cylinder, ao it might be worth popping that out first. Also the 05 legacy uses a Nissan key blank (not the transponder chip just the keyway), Ilco X237.

source: I'm a locksmith

Archived