LegacyGT.com

Light Bar in Bumper?

Anyone install a lighter in their bumper yet? Searched around a bit and didn't see anything. Going to try and do this within the next few weeks. Will update more when I complete it.

2016 2.5i Limited

I did do this actually. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but it's a 42 inch lights bar that was being the top grill. So just imagine that whole thing lit up.

The problem with it though was the light output was poor due to the shape of the grille. Light would only come out for a specific angle and I'd say about 30% of the light was blocked entirely.

I ended up removing it from back there and installing it on a SSD rally bar instead

I have mine wired into the highbeams, which I don't run in an environment with oncoming traffic anyway.

I live in the rural countryside. On back roads is the best place for it.

I didn't realize there was a dimmer though. Do you have a link?

I have mine wired into the highbeams, which I don't run in an environment with oncoming traffic anyway.

I live in the rural countryside. On back roads is the best place for it.

I didn't realize there was a dimmer though. Do you have a link?

Contact this guy,he respond pretty fast.

He’s the one that makes the dimmer switch.

Have you ever been the opposing vehicle when someome has their light bar on? They blind the shit out of opposing traffic and have little output. Put in some fog lights and call it a day. The extra light you want but safe for everyone.

the best part is when you are cresting a hill and they do not turn that crap off until after it has blinded you....

Having the light bar that low is however not the best place. It should be higher up to be effective - you want the light to be as far away as possible and not light up the road close to the car.

Whatever you light up close to the car is what you can't avoid takes the attention away from things that you can see further away and plan to avoid.

The position below the bumper is also one of the main intakes for the radiator, which might impact cooling in warmer weather.

453747.png

Archived