LegacyGT.com

Door Rattle

I have a 2015 Legacy Limited with the Harman/Kardon audio system and every since I bought the car (about a month ago) there has been a rattling/vibration coming from the front door woofers when there is rapid paced or low enough bass produced by a song. Mind you, I do not have the bass turned all the way up nor am I cranking the volume on the stereo. If I press against the door panel, it seems to go away so that tells me it is not the speakers (I think) but it

is driving me nuts! My wife has a 2017 Forester with the HK system and hers sounds great! No rattles, no weird noise. Even at high volume with lots of bass (she loves EDM/ techno so it would definitely be apparent if there were noises). Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to rectify the rattles? Thanks everyone!

Lots of cars rattle, especially in this instance. Take the door panel off and put some dynamat type insulation on inside of the door (behind the speaker and a strip or two on the other inner areas (do not cover the holes at the bottom of the door. Then put a few pieces under and near wiring connectors. You can also get some other types of automotive insulation. This should help, but rattles are sometimes tough to fix. - YouTube is your friend. :)

Archived